Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio laptop - speakers suddenly stopped working

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tayler87
Visitor

Vaio laptop - speakers suddenly stopped working

Just bought a vaio with windows 7 and the speakers were working fine yesterday. Today they're not. I can get sound though headphones, but not the laptop's speakers. Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
humanityrultz
Visitor

Hey Tayler87 which mocel is yours? Mine is VPCS12V9E/B, last week its display suddenly gone(grey stripes). I treid to switch on/off again and agian and I followed the instruction from SONY no use. I called SONY sent for repair, they claimed it's HARDWARE issue.. ? Not know yet waiting for feedback.

Coming to your issue,Firsrt try to  check the drivers, or  uninstall and install the sound card drivers...

If you have warranty check with SONY.  Let me know your vaio model anyway..

Tayler87
Visitor

Hi

Thanks - yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the sound card driver  - been googling the issue all afternoon. The model is VPCEB3J0E/WI and it's still under warranty - only had it a couple of weeks - so will be in touch with Sony tomorrow. I'm really hoping it doesn't have to go back for repair as I've only just finished moving everything across from my old laptop!

Tayler

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Tayler,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Have you tried doing a system restore to a point when your sound was working..:smileyconfused:

Be aware that the when you contact vaio support they'll probably ask you to do a system recovery so it may be wise to have all your personal data backed up before you contact them..:smileywink:

Tayler87
Visitor

Hi Thalamus - yes, tried that one. No joy.

Thanks for the heads up though :slight_smile:

Tayler

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome..:smileyhappy:

capry91
New

My speakers of my Vaio VPCF1 also did not work. The headphones are working