Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio laptop windvd player out of date

SOLVED
jeacopel
New

Vaio laptop windvd player out of date

Hi, My Vaio laptop blueray player recognises I have loaded a blueray disk but the windvd player is out of date. I tried to update it on the Sony website but when I enter my Vaio model number which is VGN-5W51JF this not recognised by their support so I seem to be up against a brick wall

My laptop is about 5 years old but I did make the backup disks when I bought it, which I still have.

can I use the disks to repair the windvd  player, if so how would i go about it. Thanks in advance for any assistance it would be really appreciated

Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jeacopel
New

Hi Blencogo, got the update installed now by following your instructions so thanks again for your help.

regards

jeacopel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jeacopel and welcome.

You are quoting an invalid Vaio model, which explains why you cannot find any updates.

Logically, I guess you must have a VGN-FW51JF and you can find support and downloads here: -

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-FW51JF

There appears to be two updates for WinDVD for both Vista and Windows 7 but these are from 2013 and I am not sure if these are the latest updates.

You should also receive notifications of all available updates automatically via Vaio Update - are you still getting update suggestions?

:wink:

jeacopel
New

Blencogo thanks for you reply. You are right my model number is VGN-FW51JP with Windows 7 ooops my mistake. I followed your link to the correct support page but I am not seeing an update there for Windvd player.

There is an update for PBM Vaio Edition (video format setting) is this the one?  I don`t know if this is relevant but I am from the UK.

I have not had many notifications from Vaio Update that I can recall but I might have missed them.

regards

jeacopel

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Just below the PMB Vaio Edition there is a box that says "+ Show all downloads".  Click on that and more downloads appear.

WinDVD.jpg

jeacopel
New

Hi Blencogo, got the update installed now by following your instructions so thanks again for your help.

regards

jeacopel