Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio music transfer: "Device not found"!?

Panayotis
Visitor

Vaio music transfer: "Device not found"!?

As soon as I got my vaio pocket, I downloaded the new firmware (I was looking for full greek song title letters support; the original one has some minor problems).
After the installation, I was surprised to find out that neither sonic stage, nor music transfer could realize that thevaio pocket was connected ("please connect a target device").
I would really appreciate if somebody could tell me what is going on and how I should deal with it. I formated the device, but I think that the firmware updated was not uninstalled.

6 REPLIES 6
lethal.weapon69
Visitor

Im getting the same problem and i dont know what to do about it..can somebody help us with this situation thank you

octhem
Visitor

Hi, Did you upgrade to the latest version of Sonic Stage too?

Link

I can't promise it will solve your problem.

meffsco
Visitor

Hey,

Yea i had that problem when i downloaded the firmware upgrade but then realised i had only downloaded the upgrade for the vaio pocket. On the download site it does say that you have to follow all 3 steps in order. I only did the first step and forgot to go back to the website. Then when i plugged my Vaio Pocket in to my computer it was not recognised neither by Sonicstage or Music Transfer. So i went back to the website and soon realised i had forgotten to install stages 2 (sonicstage update) and stage 3 (music transfer update). Once i had done these upgrades everything was working fine and dandy. Give it a try and it should work.

Good luck :wink:

floody
Visitor

I had the same problem even having pre installed Sonic Stage v2.3 beforehand as I have an Hi MD player. Youn eed to install firmware , 2.3 update then Vaio Music Transfer (update) v1.2 Should work thereafter.

PedritoLopez
Visitor

I had the same problem 2 months ago...If you run SonicStage 2.3 and select "Initialize..." on the Controls - Device/Media menu i should work for VAIO Music Transfer and SonicStage. But it will format your VAIO Pocket and you will lose every mp3 and pictures that you have in it.

Hope that this helped... :wink:

MadarbWoT
Visitor

sorry for changing the subject but did you actually find a way to transfer greek songs without their titles turning into question marks and funny characters?
i do have this problem and the thing is it mostly happens with vowels but it somehow shows some "a" s for example and doesnt show others.funny problem if you ask me.

anyway,please tell me if you know how to fix this.
hope you solved the other,major,problem.