Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO notebook PCG-K215Z callerID ?

pixeldude
Visitor

VAIO notebook PCG-K215Z callerID ?

Hi,

I have a laptop VAIO PCG-215Z and i wonder if it has callerID i have to know if it worths to pay for my telephone company to add the callerID service ..does anybody knows if it has a caller id the modem? its a CXT AC-Link Modem for ALi ,.. the telephone company standard for callerID is ETSI-FSK.

Thank you in advance,
pixxxxxx

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Do you mean CSID which shows the number of the person calling? If so all phone companies normally provide it as a matter of course. I have a K115B with the same modem. I imagine CSID services should work fine with the modem.

pixeldude
Visitor

Do you mean CSID which shows the number of the person calling? If so all phone companies normally provide it as a matter of course. I have a K115B with the same modem. I imagine CSID services should work fine with the modem.

Yes CSID... do you have any ideea if it works?
Or i will need an adapter for my phone company standard?
Have any ideea how can i find out?

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

It should work automatically without you having to get an adaptor in most cases.

Are you using Fax software? If the number of the person who has sent you a fax appears then CSID is enabled. If it doesnt then you could always look in the help files to see how to enable it.

pixeldude
Visitor

It should work automatically without you having to get an adaptor in most cases.

Are you using Fax software? If the number of the person who has sent you a fax appears then CSID is enabled. If it doesnt then you could always look in the help files to see how to enable it.

CSID its not activated yet from the phone company i have to personally call them and pay a tax for that.. but i wanted to know if my modem support that standard ETSI-FSK... and how to find out as VAIO provided no info for this.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Sorry to hear that.

CXT AC-Link for Ali modems are listed as being Fax capable, and support CAS Class 1 at least and conform to the 1995/5/EC specifications so the system should support this service anyway.
CSID should work with your system.

pixeldude
Visitor

Sorry to hear that.

CXT AC-Link for Ali modems are listed as being Fax capable, and support CAS Class 1 at least and conform to the 1995/5/EC specifications so the system should support this service anyway.
CSID should work with your system.

Are you shure it will work with the ETSI-FSK standard ( i even dont know what it means and whats that)?
Coz i have to pay taxes to activate my callerID and they told me that the modem should be for this system ETSI-FSK.

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Sounds like its a normal standard - and Sony usually follow standards.

I cannot be 100% sure, but I will try to find concrete evidence of this ASAP...

pixeldude
Visitor

Sounds like its a normal standard - and Sony usually follow standards.

I cannot be 100% sure, but I will try to find concrete evidence of this ASAP...

THANK U SO MUCH... I O U

Just curious from where u will find.. i think the only posibility is SONY VAIO MANUFACTURER PHONE CALL TECHNICAL INFO..
else i searched all the Internet.. and no info about that 😞

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Connexant the manufacturer of the modem state that it has full comformance with UK directives, so theoretically ETSI-FSK should be supported...

Connexant: V.92 Soft Modems (PCI/USB/AC-LINK)

I will try to get further information from their website...