Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio PCG-81313m/VPCF23N1E cpu speeds.

RedMito1
New

Vaio PCG-81313m/VPCF23N1E cpu speeds.

Hi All, 

I'm wondering if anybody could offer me some advice on the issue I'm experiencing with the this Sony Vaio laptop. I bought the laptop about 6 months ago from ebay. I'm aware this machine is getting old now, but I tend to prefer these due to the upgrade options available. I think one of the laptops owners at some point though has downgraded the processor to an i5 as I'm pretty certain that it came supplied with an i7-2670qm cpu. Being pretty savvy when it comes to hardware and building computers I upgraded the processor myself to the i7. However I've come across an issue with the cpus multiplier, when on battery power. For some reason, when plugged in the cpu performs normally. However as soon as it runs on battery power, the multiplier drops to 0.8ghz and stays there. I can't quite work out what is causing this, but I assume it must be software related as throttlestop seems to correct the issue? I would rather not depend on 3rd party software to correct the problem though. Has anyone had this issue with a vaio before? I have upgraded all the drivers from the Sony website and nothing is highlighted in device manager. Have I missed something? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

It would be best to speak to the Sony Support team for further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean