Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio pro wifi issues

audievo
Explorer

Vaio pro wifi issues

Hi, just ordered a vaio pro 13 i7
Now I am reading what seems to be widespread issues with wifi.
Is it as bad as I am reading?
I feel like returning it before even opening it if it is going to be problematic.
Any advice welcome
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
audievo
Explorer

Update for anyone interested.

I decided as there seems to be so many with issues with the wifi on the pro that it would be wise to canel my order and hold off until they are solved. (my hp envy is still going strong so i'll use that for now)

I thought it would be simple as i have not had a delivery email and the money has not yet left my account and it was only ordered 18 or so hours ago.

Wow, simple it certainly isn't, they insist that they can't cancel and i will have to either refuse delivery in which case the goods would be returned to a warehouse somewhere and sit in quarantine for a time, then if all was well they would return my money...................... about 2 weeks or so.

Alternatively i can recieve the goods then ring customer services then return the goods with all correct paperwork and when they are happy all is well they will trturn my money........................about 2 weeks or so

This is for goods i don't even have yet, god help me if i had actually opened the goods and tried a return.

Sony to me always used to be a premium company with premium goods and services.

I had a small issue with a laptop about 5 years ago which was solved instantly with a phone call, my how times have changed.

I will now never be buying a sony product and go with my first instinct, Apple, who have top class customer service.

Sony........bad, bad, bad, never again

The WiFi issues are as bad as everyone say... I've been waiting for a fix on this from the day we purchased it. It is so bad. Driver issues are still horrible. There has been a few WiFi driver updates but it still hasn't fixed the problem.

audievo
Explorer

That's what I thought. Mind you although I ordered it a week ago and delivery was due between 24th and 30th it still hasn't turned up.
I did try to cancel it the morning after I ordered it but was told that it had already left with the carrier.
I have since found out this was a lie as dpd tracking shows it was picked up 5 or 6 hours after I rang customer service so they could have canceled it if they had wanted.
So a badly flawed product which can't be delivered in a week and customer service which is nothing short of terrible.
I will definitely be sending it back as soon as it arrives and won't even be opening it.
I used to think sony were a premium brand with customer service to match.
How times have changed.
I think I will be another one joining the ever expanding never again sony list and spending my money with a manufacturer who has top customer service, yep, apple.