Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO remote control RM-VC10E

oz_sword_g
Visitor

VAIO remote control RM-VC10E

Hi! I have just bought a VAIO VGN-FS215Z with Docking Station and it came with a remote control to work with VAIO Launcher.:smileygrin:

I plugged it in the first time when I set it all up (USB). It worked, switched everything else off, when I came to use it again... It doesn't now!
:cry:

I have changed the batteries, tried to Update and re-install the driver, but nothing seems to work, and I can't find any info on the net.
:thinking:

Does anyone have a suggestion?

(seriel for USB IR reciever: PCVA-IR7U)

"People say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Why do they think there is a shortage of bad ones?"

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to da Clubbe OZ, Hmmmm I would say something is in conflict. Right Click on My Computer and have a look at the device manager and see if the usb hub has your new software and if so if it has an exclamation mark next to it. Delete the device driver and with it plugged in, restart and see if it reinstalls it. Otherwise try a system restore to when it worked and use a registry diagnostic like thisTune-Up Utilities It is a trial but does a great job. Follow all it's reccommendations especaily the one click maintainance. Good luck:smileyhappy:

oz_sword_g
Visitor

HI, thanks for your help I have just tried what you suggested but to no avail. It still won't work:smileycry:

Any other ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I don¿t have one of these but the general advice for any device that is malfunctioning is to first try uninstalling (in Device Manager), reboot and let Windows re-install.
Worth a try!

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat