Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio SVP1321C5E Recovery

grcvaiopro
Explorer

Vaio SVP1321C5E Recovery

The above is now in need of a rebuild.  But when I use the system recovery tools it says the laptop does not have the necessary files.

How do I do a full system reset.  No CD drive built in no recovery media supplied from Sony?.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi grcvaiopro,

I assume that you have tried pressing the Assist button when fully shut down?

Sony in common with most computer suppliers doesn’t provide recovery media with the computer. It would have been necessary for you to create recovery media to either DVD or USB just in case the HDD or HDD recovery media failed. It is assumed that you didn’t do this? In which case you will need to contact Out Of Warranty support to purchase a set of recovery media.

From the UK call 0905 0310006 (Fixed: 0.35£/min)

An alternative is to install a retail copy of Windows and then download and install all available drivers and utilities from the support site – most original software is not available to download.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
grcvaiopro
Explorer

Yes.  have tried the assist button.  Message says missing partition.  Ive not done anything to the laptop since I first bought it though so Im guessing sony forgot to put it on my build.

Really dissapointed as the thing is only just over 12 months old now. 

Is the Vaio support from Sony still active?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

There is always the possibility that the recovery partition had been corrupted for some reason.

Yes, Support is still active but I believe you may possibly be refered to a third party for recovery media.

Rich 

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat