Join now - be part of our community!

vaio touchpad

GMichailidis
Visitor

vaio touchpad

Hi i wonder if anyone can help.
For some reason i can not find the option window to configure my laptop's touch pad.
I remember when i started using my laptop there was an option for disabling the touchpad while typing. I do not seem to be able to locate this now. I also lost the function of scrolling using the touch pad. The main relevant resct installation is Microsoft intellimouse (i use a tracball when i am at home)
any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi GMichailidis and welcome to the forum.

Installing the Microsoft intellimouse may have caused a problem with the touchpad drivers.

Have a look in Device Manager at ‘Mice and other pointing devices’. You may possibly find that you have a PS/2 mouse listed, as opposed to a pointing device.

If so you will need to update your driver for the PS/2 device.

If you are unsure of the location of the pointing device driver then download the pre-installed drivers for your model from Vaio Link and extract the ‘Pointing’ folder to a known location (eg C:\Drivers\Pointing).

Then:

Try updating the driver for the pointing device in Device Manager (Right click My Computer Icon > Properties > on the Hardware tab click Device Manager).

Locate Mice and Other Pointing Devices and expand. You should see a pointing device listed or possibly a PS/2 mouse > right click this and select ‘Update Driver’. On the next window select ‘No, not this time’ and click Next. On the following window select ‘Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) > click next.

You then have two options - ‘Search for the best driver in theses locations’ > browse to the location of the extracted file to included it in the search and click next.

If that is not accepted as the correct driver then go back and select ‘Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install.’ And click Next.

Hopefully you will see the correct hardware listed, but if not then click ‘Have Disk’ and again browse to the location of the extracted folder.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat