Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update does not recognise your Vaio??

profile.country.en_GB.title
joel.h
Visitor

Vaio Update does not recognise your Vaio??

I've been having this problem since I first received my Vaio, whenever I try to run the update software I always get an IE window popup stating that my Vaio cannot be recognised:

"Dear VAIO Customer,

You have arrived at this page because VAIO Update does not recognize your VAIO.
This may be a temporary problem with the VAIO Update server."

I've been getting this message for about 6 months now so I doubt its anything wrong with the servers. Also I've tried to install updates manually through the website, but some of the more important ones (AMD Driver updates) fail to install, causing me quite a few issues as I can't run Open GL settings in Photoshop without windows explorer crashing and restarting, and several other things.

Anyone had this before and/or know of a fix?

Model number: VPCSA3T9E

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

Cheers.

11 REPLIES 11
takrzem

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread but has this been ultimately resolved?

My machine (SVF15A1C5ER) had also encountered this issue in its adolescence, however recently (also after Win 8.1 upgrade) it does look like no updates are available (however I could download the manually from here which makes me think about the reliability of this process).

Perhaps someone from SONY could confirm please?

Thanks in advance!

takrzem

Apologies for chasing but could someone from SONY advise please?

In general VAIO Update seem to work for me, for example when I've mistakenly downloaded NVIDIA driver via Windows Update, VAIO Update detected the issue and notified me about another , correct one. On the other hand some minor updates (VAIO Power Management, Manual Uupdate) have not been detected and I had to download them manually from here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVF15A1C5E/updates