Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update Help

VaioWoman1
Visitor

Vaio Update Help

:thinking: Oh boy I am confused! 3-4days ago I clicked my (VGN-A417S) Vaio Update in system tray, saw automatic update for Sony Utilities dated11/07/2006 and manual (repeated on several lines) update of [Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG or Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Adapter Driver Version 10.5.1.59a (for Windows XP)
1.Download the file INDWLL-01035420-UN.exe] dated 10/11/2006
Not being quite the ticket ( :wink: early hours) I did, & as usual went back to ensure the red tick was there which it was. Hubby did same on his VGN-A517S as showed same on his Vaio Update. Couple of days ago hubby had a look at his Vaio Update & was surprised to see Intel Wireless LAN Driver had no red tick where as before was, I checked mine & same. We have both lost our Switcher after the update although on the install insctructions it did not alert us to this possible occurence. So both our bluetooth lights are always on.
On start up the Wireless Switch close down message:
AppName: switcher.exe AppVer: 3.1.0.1200 ModName:wissuif.dll ModVer: 1.0.0.13280 Offset: 00001c48

and also my Vaio Control Centre displays same message:
AppName: vaio control center.exe AppVer: 1.1.2.1260 ModName: wissuif.dll ModVer: 1.0.0.13280 Offset: 00001c48

Obviously the Utility date I should have noticed but as I said I was not the full ticket at the time! :smileyblush:
Can anyone advise why and how to rectify: I have sent an e-support but experienced no response from them when last I used a few months ago so think cannot rely on a response this time - unfortunately. :slight_frown:

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

happened to me too ,, what i did is uninstall the one that has been updated(LAN software and driver) and reinstall the old LAN driver located in the drivers folder in your C drive(if im not mistaken its inside the wireless LAN folder)
The what I did, to upgrade my wireless driver,,, i went to intel website nd update my WLAN driver from there.. :laughing:

ian4c
Visitor

Hello, over the years whenever I do updates, install new software, what ever it is, I do a Restore Point.

So important and has saved me from problems many many times.

If I have a problem, even several days after an update I have often been able to go back to a date several days earlier. And even if you have not done a Restore Point the computer may have done one for you.

And as a rule, XP creates a Restore Point so if you have a recent problem you could possibly go back to the Restore Point created before the update.

Hope this helps.

Ian

VaioWoman1
Visitor

Yes thanks, already did this and am back to normal again, however I am still waiting for Support to give me a better answer where I will be able to update the driver and be able to use my Switch Utility with it. You always have to wait a few days if at all you get a reply, so I have experienced this last year. Also I don't have much hope as my experiences with Vaio Support have been pretty poor with a majority of dare I say "Very Silly Answers".

I wait, I hope! :slight_frown:

ian4c
Visitor

Yes thanks, already did this and am back to normal again, however I am still waiting for Support to give me a better answer where I will be able to update the driver and be able to use my Switch Utility with it. You always have to wait a few days if at all you get a reply, so I have experienced this last year. Also I don't have much hope as my experiences with Vaio Support have been pretty poor with a majority of dare I say "Very Silly Answers".

I wait, I hope! :slight_frown:

I know what you mean when you say eSupport give you silly answers! I recently bought a FE31Z and raised a ticket with exact details of the problem. The support person that answered was a complete idiot. The answers had no bearing whatsoever on the problem. I do not know how eSupport can employ people who are not able to understand or read English.

In desperation I telephoned Sony. Telephone answered very quickly and good help. But even then the support agent checked with an engineer who confirmed that Sony did not support SD cards only memory stick. What nonsense. My laptop is provided with an adaptor for reading SD cards. So after explaining this and giving the part numbers the job has been escalated.

So I would say to Sony. You are a great company. Great products, I have many, but please get your Support house in order!

Ian

meineKatze
Visitor

hi Ian4c

that'sa right. But only, if you really HAVE one Restore Point left !
In my case, i didn't recognise that i had a problem with this update. So i thought it was a virus or something like that. My system wasn't working properly, so i changed everything. In the hope, to find the reason for my problems. Now i no, why it is. But i didn't before. Because i cleaned EVERYTHING, what maybe demage my system (virus etc.) i killed the Restore Partition :cry: That is a place, where virus & Co can be hooked. So i killed that Partition :cry: Just a few days later, i saw, that my bluetooth LED is allways ON. After that, i conacted sony-support. They told me, to go back to an earlier point..
ha ha ha. That's the point, i killed, because i thought there is a virus. So i don't have any restore point to go back.
REALLY CLEVER, isn't it?

can anyone help me? sony CAN'T!

Lothar from Cologne / Germany

ian4c
Visitor

hi Ian4c

that'sa right. But only, if you really HAVE one Restore Point left !

In my case, i didn't recognise that i had a problem with this update. So i thought it was a virus or something like that. My system wasn't working properly, so i changed everything. In the hope, to find the reason for my problems. Now i no, why it is. But i didn't before. Because i cleaned EVERYTHING, what maybe demage my system (virus etc.) i killed the Restore Partition !cry.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=cry|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=cry.gif! That is a place, where virus & Co can be hooked. So i killed that Partition Just a few days later, i saw, that my bluetooth LED is allways ON. After that, i conacted sony-support. They told me, to go back to aat the momentn earlier point..
ha ha ha. That's the point, i killed, because i thought there is a virus. So i don't have any restore point to go back.
REALLY CLEVER, isn't it?

can anyone help me? sony CAN'T

Hello meineKatze

Can you just explain what the problem is at the moment so we can better understand your problems at the moment. The Blue tooth light being on is not likely to be caused by a virus. Most virus's and Trojans show up in messages or you get an indication. You can generally find out the name and then get rid of it/them with various tools.

kee-lo_

VAIOWoman,

I've brought this up with VAIO-Link.
They should be in contact soon

VaioWoman1
Visitor

Oh Brill, Muchas Muchas Thank You! Looking forward to hearing from them! :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :rose:

kee-lo_

De nada