Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update Internal server error

SOLVED
MarioM2013
Explorer

Vaio Update Internal server error

Hi all,

I bought my Vaio SVL2413Z1E recently and since day 1 was completely unable to use VAIO UPDATE.

I get a very strange "

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

Has anyone seen this type of error?  Any help available?

Thanks,

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MarioM2013,

As suspected your serial number is still queuing. Apparently there is a server sync going on at the moment , hence the process is taking longer than expected.

If and when I receive any further information I will let you know, but in the meantime I suggest you keep trying every couple of hours…

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MarioM2013,

This error code usually indicates that the serial number for the machine has not been uploaded to the server – it has happen previously.

Your problem has been highlighted to support. Any information we receive back from them will be reported in this thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MarioM2013
Explorer

Hi Rich, Thanks a lot for the quick response. I had called support but their first response was to update IE! Your answer seems a more likely route. Wish they could be trained to your standard of expertise :wink:
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MarioM2013,

Vaio-Link have confirmed that you serial number is indeed missing from the server. This will be rectified. I will let you know when this has happened.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MarioM2013,

Vaio Update should start working for you either this evening or if not then tomorrow morning. Can you please let us know tomorrow if this is the case.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MarioM2013
Explorer

Hi Rich, Unfortunately no luck. =( Same 500 Internal server error. Any other ideas? M
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MarioM2013,

I’m not sure what the problem is but I’m guessing that your serial number has not been added to the server yet. Unfortunately my contact within Vaio-Link is not in the office until tomorrow so we are unable to check this.

I will get back to you tomorrow when I hope further information will be available.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MarioM2013
Explorer

Thanks Rich. Let me know if you need my serial number or any detail to proceed with this!
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MarioM2013,

As suspected your serial number is still queuing. Apparently there is a server sync going on at the moment , hence the process is taking longer than expected.

If and when I receive any further information I will let you know, but in the meantime I suggest you keep trying every couple of hours…

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MarioM2013
Explorer

Hi Rich, Thanks a lot for your support: Case closed! Happy holidays!