Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Hello
I bought a Vaio VGN-FE41S with Windows Vista preinstalled about two months ago (German version). Up to now I didn't manage to get to run the Vaio Update functionality correctly (automatic update). There is always an error message (messageid=0008) telling me that the information about my model could not be found on the server and I should repeat the update-process later. Meanwhile I upgraded manually to Vaio Update 3.0.00.13220a (a newer one is not available at the moment) but the message persists. Is this message an error? If yes, does anyone of you have a solution?
Thanks for help
Victor

110 REPLIES 110
buco55
Visitor

I have downloaded and successfully instaled the above named patch yesterday. So far it fixed my problems with the error message and I was able to revert to my original system language - Macedonian.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the info buco55.. :slight_smile:

jenko
Visitor

hi all...experienced the same problem with my vaio NR11M/S (replacement unit from sony for my bugged down FS notebook) when i did a full system recovery the other day..luckily for me the patch was already out and i successfully installed it and now the annoying message disappeared and now i am able to automatically update my vaio..of course i ran thru the entire thread and read all the posts of many users like me before i ended up with the patch! :smileygrin:

CHEERS!! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Glad your problem is sorted.. :slight_smile:

Shay6anUSA
Visitor

well hello every one

as you can tell this is my 1st post here and i wish it was gona be a happy post but no :S any ways am haveing the same proplem VGN-FZ21M MessageID=00008 , and now i think i made it worse by removing the whole thing and trying to reinstall it , now its asking me for the older V of the softwear >_< i looked around and i cant finde it Stupid of me not to make the recovery cd when i 1st got the system.

i reformated converted windows from german to english Vista HOME P.

now do i have to have the origenal file/softwear of VAIO UPDATE to instal the new patch ?? because its not leting me DO IT + i Downloaded the Origenal Softwear/preInstaled Softerwear Manuley and not all of them worked instaled correctly because it keeps asking for the origenal Programs that was shipd with it :S.

im deeply Disapointed with Sony now why do they make every thing so hard to finde and hard to fix

Note

is it posibel if some one can send me the origenal VAIO update if its not to be found anywhere on here ??

thanks in advance every one.

tdnskiff
Visitor

Hi, all of you.

I'm faced with the same VAIO Update trouble.
My laptop: VGN-SZ7RVN/X
Serial: 28******-5******

I've downloaded and install the update for VAIO Update. Now it shows the version: 3.1.02.03190

Problems are:
- "MessageID=0008" is in VAIO Update
- e-Support new product registration failed as it don't know my Serial Number. 😞

I wonder why Sony support don't know its own product.

Looking forward any help.

BR, Dmitry.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

i reformated converted windows from german to english  Vista HOME P.

now do i have to have the origenal file/softwear of VAIO UPDATE to instal the new patch ?? because its not leting me DO IT + i Downloaded the Origenal Softwear/preInstaled Softerwear Manuley and not all of them worked instaled correctly because it keeps asking for the origenal Programs that was shipd with it :S.

Hi Shay6anUSA,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the original pre-installed software/applications are not available to download.. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tdnskiff,

we had something like this in the past, have you tried phoning Vaio support, as your vaio's serial number may not have been added to the data base yet.. :thinking:

Use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

PS I have removed your Vaio's serial number from your post as this is a public forum.. :wink:

tdnskiff
Visitor

Thank you for advice.

Here in my office we've got HTTP proxy server with login/password authorization. And it seems to me VAIO Update service cannot work behind such proxy. When I connect through simple proxy or directly VAIO Update works good.

So I think VAIO Update developers have got work to do to fix it.

BR, Dmitry.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thank you for advice.

You're welcome.. :slight_smile: