Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Hello
I bought a Vaio VGN-FE41S with Windows Vista preinstalled about two months ago (German version). Up to now I didn't manage to get to run the Vaio Update functionality correctly (automatic update). There is always an error message (messageid=0008) telling me that the information about my model could not be found on the server and I should repeat the update-process later. Meanwhile I upgraded manually to Vaio Update 3.0.00.13220a (a newer one is not available at the moment) but the message persists. Is this message an error? If yes, does anyone of you have a solution?
Thanks for help
Victor

110 REPLIES 110
Interdit
Visitor

Same error with my new SZ61VN/X on a fresh ultimate install.

No news about a fix ?

Thanks,
Francois

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Francois,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Did you use the Vaio recovery utility or your own copy of Vista to do the fresh install.?

I've no news as yet, I'll check for an update from Sony..

Interdit
Visitor

My own copy to have the Vista Ultimate in my language.

Thanks,
Francois

Interdit
Visitor

Hello,

I found out that the Vaio Update soft was trying to load this file:

http://info.vupdate2.com/EU/VU3/28205651-040.xml

which can not be found.

In fact, it's checking the existence of the beginning of my serial number + -040.xml, so it's like I'm not registered somewhere.

Hoping to have a fix soon.

Francois

profile.country.nl_BE.title
renvanha
New

Same problem with my new FZ21S if I try Vaio update: messageid=0008
Any news about the problem?

thebadness
Visitor

I'm having the same problem on the VGN-s2HP and i've tried re-installing Viao update 3.0, but i keep getting the same problem.

Any news?

buco55
Visitor

I have already contacted Sony e-Support regarding this issue. But they were unable to provide me with a solution (only a link that doens't load at all).

This might be interesting as a fact for the Sony Support team, the first time when I loaded my FZ21E the Vaio reported that message. But after 2-3 restarts it was all good - it was able to update itself and stuff.
But after 1 day I did a complete system restore (from the HD image) and since the update feature always reports that message.
A couple of times so far I have noticed that the update says Update alread in use or something simular to it.
Has anyone else experienced the same/simular issue with his/hers Vaio?

profile.country.en_IE.title
dazagro19
Visitor

Hi, I have got similar experience while I have open support page in IE - vaio update says its already running. Except this i never managed to run vaio update without error 008. I contacted esupport- they answered that my model (AR51SU) is new and it will take another week or so for vaio update to work propely.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

I'm still awaiting news from Sony, as soon as we hear anything we'll let you know.. :thinking:

Julien74
Visitor

Hi everybody,

I've recently bought the FZ21Z, good stuff... :wink: but still I have this messageID008 too and I can't update! Maybe that's because it's a new laptop and we have to wait?

Cu