Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Hello
I bought a Vaio VGN-FE41S with Windows Vista preinstalled about two months ago (German version). Up to now I didn't manage to get to run the Vaio Update functionality correctly (automatic update). There is always an error message (messageid=0008) telling me that the information about my model could not be found on the server and I should repeat the update-process later. Meanwhile I upgraded manually to Vaio Update 3.0.00.13220a (a newer one is not available at the moment) but the message persists. Is this message an error? If yes, does anyone of you have a solution?
Thanks for help
Victor

110 REPLIES 110
andre89
Visitor

I'am really disappointed with sony leptop support :smileysad:. I was sure sony vaio laptops are one of the best (with no problems), but now i see.. You really don't care for us. I bought my lappy three weeks ago, but there is still the same problem (model could not be found) :worried: . I just don't know how is this possible? What else can we do??? :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

Julien74
Visitor

That's true guys! There's a lack of information on that problem. Sony's still a very good brand in my umbel opinion and I guess it shouldn't be very hard for them to fix this problem or at least tell us what's going on! Furthermore, if they really want to sell many VAIO laptops and make money, they should have a good feedback about support from customers and not the opposite, like on this forum for example... So please SONY tell us!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks Rohnerpe, Julien74, Interdit, andre89, Marco_CH, ciaang & Krevety for supplying the information.

I have passed it all the information onto Sony.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I never saw a so poor support since I have sony latptops (since 2003).

They really don't care.

Hi Interdit, william17, andre89 & Julien74..

Sorry there has been no update on this problem I have not been on Club Vaio for the last three weeks, I will try and find and update from Sony and I will post as soon as I know more.. :slight_smile:

If in the meantime if you would rather you can always contact Sony Vaio Support for official technical support. Use the following link: Sony Vaio Support

buco55
Visitor

If only the official Sony Support knew what was happening ....

I tried to contact them twice so far, but the answers included a link that didn't work (the web page cannot be displayed).

I guess they will need some info and more testing if they are to find a solution to the problem.
And until then ... just use windows update - it will update most of the drivers and software on the computer.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

If only the official Sony Support knew what was happening ....

Did you inform Sony support of this Club Vaio thread.?

buco55
Visitor

Yes, I have contacted Sony Support via the e-support.vaio-link.com. Unfortunately, even I have sent them 2 messages, the answers to both of them were unsatisfactory to me.
The "solution" for them was to wait some time as it was a new model (FZ21e bough in beginning of November). Furthermore, they provided me with a web site link that could never be openend - it always showed the page cannot be displayed.

When taking into account the number of replies on this forum as well as my experience with sony support, I think this issue is something that the design team (or IT maintanence team) should sit down on a table research and discuess until a satisfactory solution is being found.

After all, everyone wants to enjoy the maximum from his purchase.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi buco55

Could you please post a copy of the link Sony support supplied..

buco55
Visitor

I guess Sony did some changes - so the link after some months of inactivity, now actually works...

I have to thank Sony for making this possible.

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-FZ&m=2803

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi buco55,

the Download & utilities page has been available via Sony support for some time now.. :thinking:

This will allow you to manually download and install updates, however I'm not really a sure that it's a solution to the Vaio Update utility!!