Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Hello
I bought a Vaio VGN-FE41S with Windows Vista preinstalled about two months ago (German version). Up to now I didn't manage to get to run the Vaio Update functionality correctly (automatic update). There is always an error message (messageid=0008) telling me that the information about my model could not be found on the server and I should repeat the update-process later. Meanwhile I upgraded manually to Vaio Update 3.0.00.13220a (a newer one is not available at the moment) but the message persists. Is this message an error? If yes, does anyone of you have a solution?
Thanks for help
Victor

110 REPLIES 110
liro
Visitor

1) VAIO FZ21S
2) original preinstalled vista
3) spanish

thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks liro.. :slight_smile:

BartD007
Visitor

1) VAIO VGN-AR51SU BE1
2) Original preinstalled Vista Ultimate
3) Dutch

I've also opened up a service call at Sony VAIO support on January 14th, but only answer I got from them until now is to install the updates manually... This is not a solution to this problem but a temporary work-around in my humble opinion. I left the call open so let's hope they come back with more information soon.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi BartD007,

welcome to Club Vaio and thanks for the information.. :slight_smile:

This is not a solution to this problem but a temporary work-around in my humble opinion.

I totally agree.. :wink:

jeroen.ceuppens
Visitor

1) VGN FZ21E
2) original Vista Home Premium
3) Dutch (Belgian) version

Greets!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jeroen.ceuppens,

welcome to Club Vaio and thanks for the information.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_IE.title
dazagro19
Visitor

hopefully sony will release some solution soon as this case is going on since good few months...

profile.country.nl_BE.title
renvanha
New

VGN-FZ21S CEK
original Vista Home Premium
English

Also the My Club VAIO program is not working, I only get a white screen...
Oh I just found a solution for this last problem: right click on the icon and select properties, in the compability-tab you can check "run as an administrator"

So the problem with Vaio update may be the same, like someone already mentioned before...

Julien74
Visitor

Hi guys!

I have the solution for our problem! After all the critics about VAIO support I heard about, it's time to admit that it's not always that bad. My VAIO FZ21Z works with original Visa configured in English. I created a case about my Vaio update trouble trough VAIO support. They answered me and told me this:

Can you proceed to the next steps please ?

Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and language Options -> Administrative -> Change System locale -> Select the original operating system language -> Ok -> Close -> Restart your computer.

Can you use Vaio update and check if the message disappeared ?

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of problem on your unit.

Regards,
Sony Vaio-Link Team

So I did what they told me to do! The small problem is on the "original operating system language selection" you can chose several English according to you country such as "English UK", "English Ireland"...
My VAIO update doesn't work with the two previous one but with "English USA" it works perfectly!!! Isn't it amazing!

Good luck!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Can you proceed to the next steps please ?

Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and language Options -> Administrative -> Change System locale -> Select the original operating system language -> Ok -> Close -> Restart your computer.

Can you use Vaio update and check if the message disappeared ?

Interesting...

Thanks Julien74.. :slight_smile:

Can another Club Vaio member please confirm that this solutions also works on their Vaio..