Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Hello
I bought a Vaio VGN-FE41S with Windows Vista preinstalled about two months ago (German version). Up to now I didn't manage to get to run the Vaio Update functionality correctly (automatic update). There is always an error message (messageid=0008) telling me that the information about my model could not be found on the server and I should repeat the update-process later. Meanwhile I upgraded manually to Vaio Update 3.0.00.13220a (a newer one is not available at the moment) but the message persists. Is this message an error? If yes, does anyone of you have a solution?
Thanks for help
Victor

110 REPLIES 110
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

I've been advised that Sony are working on a patch to solve the Vaio Update MessageID=0008 error, as soon as I know any more information I'll let you know.. :slight_smile:

In the meantime please continue to use the workaround above as a temporary solution..

marsupial2002
Visitor

You should set the language to the original language of the installed Windows.
Have you tried English already? Don't forget to restart your Vaio after changing.

Do you always got the same message (MessageID=0008) ?

Yes I tried with English and nothing the same error : (MessageID=0008) I don´t know how is the original languaje of the installed windows, i supose it´s Spanish because all is in Spanish.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes I tried with English and nothing the same error : (MessageID=0008) I don´t know how is the original languaje of the installed windows, i supose it´s Spanish because all is in Spanish.

Hi marsupial2002

Try English USA..

marsupial2002
Visitor

Hi marsupial2002

Try English USA..

I tried and nothing, the same error....

Thanks

Krevety
Visitor

I have czech version and I have same problem as spanish guy, no matter what I select, update is not working 😞

topofdarange
Visitor

Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and language Options -> Administrative -> Change System locale -> Select the original operating system language -> Ok -> Close -> Restart your computer.

I have a VAIO VN-FZ31M and this solution works perfectly thank you very much for the link to this Thread Thalmus and thanks for the advice everyone :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

thank you very much for the link to this Thread Thalmus

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

marsupial2002
Visitor

Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and language Options -> Administrative -> Change System locale -> Select the original operating system language -> Ok -> Close -> Restart your computer.

I have a VAIO VN-FZ31M and this solution works perfectly thank you very much for the link to this Thread Thalmus and thanks for the advice everyone :slight_smile:

One question the: "Select the original operating system language" is an action or option, because I don't understand, can you put a screenshot of this step.

Thanks for all

profile.country.fr_BE.title
natwaute
Visitor

This is really disappointing.
Why should we change the "system" regional settings to have the vaio update working ...but for a work around during maximum a couple of week! 😞

Just understand that the new owner of a vaio get a message that the initial language choice made for the setup of its operating system is definitive, and that as soon as the VISTA system is installed (ie after 3-4 hours in my case) thge user should first make sure updates are installed for blue-ray drives ...and create recovery disks himself.

Then the vaio update is jhust displaying 'messageid=00009' ....but if the regional settings are set to something different that the setup language! 😞

I really hope that Sony is going to fix this because their credibility is otherwise being hurted.

Ph.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

Sony have released a patch that hopefully should resolve the MessageID=0008 (model not found on server) problem..

The VAIO Update 3.1.02.03190 can be downloaded via the Sony support download page, use the following link then select your model in the drop down list to download the update: Sony Support Downloads

Could you please provide feedback once the update has been installed.. :slight_smile: