Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update wont install 'Vaio Care Recovery Updater'

rochie61
New

Vaio Update wont install 'Vaio Care Recovery Updater'

Hi

I have only had my Vaio laptop 2 weeks.

However, I cannot create recovery disks as when I try to create them, It says first I must oinstall the Vaio Care Recovery software.

When I attempt to run Vaio update, it shows the 'Vaio Care Recovery' as an automatic update, but when I try to update it, it says fails and says 'please wait and try again later'

I have waited and tried several times now to no avail.

Thanks

David

84 REPLIES 84
profile.country.en_GB.title
Anthony662
New

Hi

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH18SE. I am unable to automatic download the following updates.

i. Vaio Care Recovery 30267kb

ii Rescue data (x86) Update Programme 22468kb

Get message:- Installation failed. Please wait a while and try again later.

Ant
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ant,

A manual download may work for both but in order to give you a link to the downloads we need the correct product number - VPCEH18SE is possibly the model number (chassis reference). Can you please check this in Vaio Control Center -> system information ->model name?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Anthony662
New

Hi Rich

double checked should have read Vaio VPCEH 1S8E

Ant
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ant,

Assuming you are running the original Windows 7 operating system the links for manual downloads are as follows.

Vaio Care Recovery
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000321150_9606/VPCEH1S8E

Rescue data (x86) Update Programme
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000317149_9385/VPCEH1S8E

Hope that helps.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Anthony662
New

Hi Rich

Thanks. I have to admit that I am a novice when it comes to downloading files etc. Is this process likely to be straightforward for someone like myself?

Ant
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ant,

Yes it is very straight forward. To download tick the box “I have read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions”and then click DOWNLOAD, make a note of where on your computer you download the files and then follow the instructions on the Sony Support download page.

Good luck.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Anthony662
New

Hi Rich

Thanks

Ant
profile.country.GB.title
Bodger101
Explorer

Hi, I have a SVP1322A4E I am unable to automatic download the following updates:

1. VAIO care recovery

2. NFC connection utility

Get message:- Please wait a while and try again.

EstherMW
Explorer

I have the same problem. My model is: VPCEH3C4E. I hope you could help me.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Bodger101,

For the Vaio Care Recovery update try a direct download and install from the support site for your model.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/SVP1322A4E/list#os2

The NFC connection utility update does not seem to be available as a manual download.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat