Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update wont install 'Vaio Care Recovery Updater'

rochie61
New

Vaio Update wont install 'Vaio Care Recovery Updater'

Hi

I have only had my Vaio laptop 2 weeks.

However, I cannot create recovery disks as when I try to create them, It says first I must oinstall the Vaio Care Recovery software.

When I attempt to run Vaio update, it shows the 'Vaio Care Recovery' as an automatic update, but when I try to update it, it says fails and says 'please wait and try again later'

I have waited and tried several times now to no avail.

Thanks

David

84 REPLIES 84
profile.country.el_GR.title
Fender67
Explorer

" On the Intel site. Version 1.0.24.13195 "

I'm not sure that it's an update for wireless drivers.

What component did you want to update when using that driver??

profile.country.el_GR.title
Fender67
Explorer

" On the Intel site. Version 1.0.24.13195 "

Was it about

NFC Port/PaSori 100 USB

update?? 

Loekie1
Explorer

Sorry, it's the only Intel thing I can find with a version.

You think I should download your link?

Loekie1
Explorer

No, not about NFC Port. Is that the same as NFC Connection Utility?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Loekie1,

The NFC Connection Utility update should be available for manual download on the support site as from tomorrow.

Please let us know whether this installs correctly.

EDIT: It is now available:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000272074_9383/SVJ2022C5E

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Zomb89
Explorer

Same problem here.

It told me that before I could make recovery discs I had to install/update Vaio Care Recovery. I tried and it failed.

So I looked in Support and downloaded the file manually and now there is no recovery option there at all. The only option that appears is Restore. There is nothing else.

I have never seen anything like this in my life, all I want to do is make a recovery discs. I have left it long enough as it is (had my Vaio for nearly two months now).

Am I missing a step somewhere? When I uninstall the update, the option for Recovery appears again but when you cllick on it you go back to the start of the process -  you must download update, update failed please try again later.

Zomb89
Explorer

OK now my Vaio laptop HAS NO SOUND.

I tried a system restore but then my browser would not work and Norton failed so I undid the system restore and after briefly working, YouTube videos are not working again either - no sound, fails to play after two seconds.

I wish I had never even tried to make those damn recovery discs. Thanks a bunch Sony. Next time I think I will buy a Mac and the way things are going it will be soon because I can't "recover" my laptop with no recovery discs and system restore only makes things worse.

Wonderful.

Hey,

Before you perform System Restore, you need to disable the Norton Product Tamper Protection feature in your Norton product. Let me know if you need the steps to disable Tamper Protection.

Thanks!

Vineeth

Norton Support

Zomb89
Explorer

System restore didn't work...lost sound on my laptop at one point...did a factory reset...seemed to work...downloaded all programs and updates again...seemed to work ok until now...lost sound on laptop again. Can't hear YouTube videos. Still have no recovery discs...tried to make a recovery drive through Windows instead of Vaio care but now I need to buy a 32GB USB drive...

I wish I hadn't bothered trying to make "recovery discs" as my laptop worked perfectly before. Now it is glitchy.

Zomb89
Explorer

Thanks to Vineeth, I unchecked Tamper Protection on Norton 360 and not only did the sound return but I happened to try logging into a website that IE10 had suddenly stopped being able to log into and it also worked this time. So it seems I have found the main culprit, which is not the laptop or corrupted updates or Vaio Care itself.