Join now - be part of our community!

vaio v3s ram

jamesv3s
Visitor

vaio v3s ram

hi there 1st time in forum, but i would like to find out how m uch ram i can take. i t said 1024 in manual but other websites say 2048, which 1??? will the increase in ram speed up my start up speed if so how much??

i wouold also like to find out is i can run vista aero on my vaio!!!
i love vaio
thanks lots
woulod be helpful if i get lots of answers

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jamesv3s and welcome to Club Vaio.

CRUCIAL.COM/UK say you can use up to 2048 MB of RAM. Lots of members here use them and they have a good reputation. They also guarantee the RAM will be compatible and that 2048 will work.

It may improve your start up speed but I would download the free (for 30 days) version of TUNE-UP UTILITIES and give your Vaio a good spring clean by running the Registry and Disc cleaners and the other System Optimisations.

You can check if your Vaio is Vista compatible by downloading the VISTA UPGRADE ADVISOR and running it on your system.

:wink:

babysmile
Visitor

In manual it's said 1GB... that's the safest way to upgrade..

But if you are thinking to get Windows Vista.. then 2GB of RAM .. risk is need to be taken..

I'm using V2M .. much likely the same as V3M or V3S in my opinion.. I'm using 1GB RAM ... doesn't think of 2GB unless if I prepare to install Vista..

you need to wait a while to install Vista as the drivers aren't compatible at the moment.. just wait then..

Resonate
Visitor

If you want to try Windows Vista you can Download the VMWare (www.vmware.com) Server & you'll be able to try out VISTA in a virtual machine on your Windows XP system, Without changing or damageing your current hard drive settings & files.

jamesv3s
Visitor

thx 4 replies,,,, i would like 2 get 2gb of ram so i wont need to upgrade again anytime soon, but i think vaio was being stingy withh only analogue tuner includer and also only 512 ram even tho i gt this pc year a go for 1200 pounds

do u think tht i will be able to put 2gig of ram in then, does any1 else suceded in runing vaio v series with 2gig ram, ???