Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-B3VP, Port Replicator and USB

vaiodon
Visitor

Vaio VGN-B3VP, Port Replicator and USB

Hallo ClubVAIO'ers - long time no post.

Got a problem with the subject hardware configuration - just wondering if anyone has seen the same sort of issue and what they might have done to fix.

I, or rather my octogenarian silver surfer relative, has a Vaio VGN-B3VP laptop (WinXP + SP2) and the VGP-PRB1 Port Replicator (3x USB ports)

The idea is to have all the external USB connectivity on the replicator, that includes:
Harmony Miglia Express Audio USB adaptor
Logitech S510 Wireless Keyboard/USB receiver
Lexar Memory Card Reader
Logitech Webcam
using a Belkin T4 Tetrahub USB hub (4 into 3 won't go!)
and most recently added:
Nebula DigiTV USB Tuner

You see, it makes for a nice tidy system - when docking/undocking there's no connectors to worry about for anything.

Previous to connecting the DigiTV tuner the laptop would take much longer to boot from power off when connected to the port replicator. Now with the DigiTV connected it won't get past the initial XP boot splash screen. However, if the laptop is booted off the port replicator and then "hot" docked into the port replicator

all the attached devices, incl DigiTV, are started correctly. FYI - the DigiTV unit works fine elsewhere.

Might be a bit of a unique scenario but I thought I'd ask - I've tried many different combinations of attached devices/ports without anything conclusive (which has been a real pain as device drivers are installed on a per port basis)

TIA for any info.

0 REPLIES 0