Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-S3HP Problem with drivers, need help

profile.country.bg_BG.title
luv4eto
Visitor

Vaio VGN-S3HP Problem with drivers, need help

Hi, I have the vgn-s3hp, but I've lost the recovery disk long ago. Recently I decided to reinstall the OS with XP Professional and downloaded the drivers from the official site of Vaio. Managed to install somehow all of the drivers except one. SFEP(Sony firmware extension parser) and as a result the keys on the keyboard that work along with the Fn key don't work anymore. This driver doesn't even exist in the driver pack on the official support site. What can I do, how to find or recover this driver, I spended a whole week searching the net, but couldn't find anything usefull. Is there any possible way to find and install this driver? Please help me, cause I'm absolutely desperate and don't know what to do. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't think these older XP models had SFEP installed.  I think it used to be called SonyNC or Sony Notebook Control Driver.

Download the Original Utilities Package from here:-

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-S4HP_B

and right-click on the downloaded .ZIP file.  Choose 'Extrct All' and extract the files to somewhere you can find them.  Install IN ORDER: -

1.  Sony Utilities

2.  Sony Shared :Library

3.  Vaio Event Service

From the same link above, install the Original Sony Notebook Control Driver and the Original Sony Programable I/O Control Driver.

If the Fn Keys do not work, repeat from 1.

Click on the 'UPDATES' Tab and look for any updates for any of the above downloads.

:wink: