Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VPCEE3E0E / WI - TRACKPAD PROBLEMS

profile.country.en_GB.title
lucasyarwood
Visitor

VAIO VPCEE3E0E / WI - TRACKPAD PROBLEMS

Hello, I've had my Vaio for nearly a year now, it was a christmas present last year and we bought 2 years extra insurance / warranty (whatever) on it, which might be useful with this ridiculous problem.

Problem:

Every now and again my mouse pad / track pad thing will top working, and by that I mean the on screen cursor still moves around and say you hover over the "Start" button, the start button will glow in response, but that's as far as it goes. Whenever  try to click on it it won't work and when i try to double tap it that doesn't work either. This problem randomly comes and goes, it comes randomly and i mean randomly, it's been sitting on my desk in the same position- no knocks or bumps or anything and it'll randomly just stop working. But the right click works, but obviously can't use left click to click anything that emerges on the right click mini menu that appears, I've got to use the arrow keys.

I literally have to navigate my laptop using the arrow keys and the enter button which is so frustrating. And the little windows button next to Alt.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE? I'd be so grateful.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

From what you say, it is almost certainly a hardware problem.  There is probably an intermittent poor contact somewhere in the touchpad module.

I think I would speak to Vaio Support to see if a repair is available.

:wink: