Join now - be part of our community!

vaio vpceh2h1e

profile.country.en_GB.title
Poshan
Visitor

vaio vpceh2h1e

i have this vaio vpceh2h1e which i bought like 8 months ago......upto last night it was fine but when i turned it on in the morning it was showing some windows repair and i did the same thing as it said in the screen. but suddenly now it says operating system not found??? i even tried pressing the assist button but it didnt help...........plz somebody help me i have got exam in 3rd september and all my documents are inside my laptop????? help plz

3 REPLIES 3
peshyxp
Visitor

Dont panic, sounds like a software or software update issue which may have corrrupted some files

Best thing is to restart machine and boot into Safe Mode

You do this by tapping the F8 key as the machine is booting up

Hopefully this will load up windows and you should be able to see all your files

Assuming you can boot into Safe Mode, go to Control Panel and commence the Restore My PC program which allows you to restore your PC to a previous date when it was operating properly

You should be presented with a calendar asking what date you want to restore your PC to, just choose something in the past four weeks or more and follow the wizard

Takes around ten mins

If you cant access Safe Mode at all post here again with more details on any other error messages and whether you have recently installed any software or run downloads off the internet

Cheers

Poshan
Visitor

NAh mate it still says the same thing......if i restart and press f8 it comes with black screen and message with operating system not found....

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Poshan,

If you need these documents by the 3rd Sepember I suggest that you remove the hard drive, place it in a Sata USB caddy and attach this to another computer. This should allow access to all data on the drive. If you are not comfortable with this procedure then contact a local computer repair facility to do this for you.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat