Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCF11J0E power issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
twinkle20
Explorer

Vaio VPCF11J0E power issues

Hi. Hoping somebody can help me with this.
I was using the vaio this morning and all was well. I shut the lid to hibernate as normal. Came back to the machine half hour later, opened lid, pressed power button and nothing happened.
I have had a look at other posts so have tried taking battery and mains lead out, pressing power button for 30 seconds, then powering up with mains only. It turns on for about 3 seconds, starts to boot then goes dead again. Discharge static again, get same thing again. Won't even try to turn on with the battery in.
I guess the power button is ok since it tries for those few seconds. I think it must be something to do with static since it won't try at all until I discharge it. It's as though the power isn't getting through or something, though I had no power warnings this morning. The power light on the front of the machine is not lit, though I'm not sure if it should be since the battery is not in?
It's a few years old, out of warranty, and is a work machine with all the info on for our business. All recent backups are on the machine itself. I need to get it working, please does anybody know what I can do to fix it?
Thanks in advance for any help.
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
twinkle20
Explorer

Update: I am wondering now if the power button is stuck in? Having tested it a few (hundred) times, I find that when I plug in the main adaptor (no battery in), the machine tries to start itself straight away without me pressing the power button. It lasts a second or two then the green power light flashes and it goes dead. Unplug the mains, replug it and it tries to start again. Don't need to discharge static or anything, just unplug and replug.
Does anybody know if this is possibly the problem? And if so how to get it fixed? Or is this not likely?
Thanks for any help.