Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCF13MOE Battery problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
keplyer
Explorer

Vaio VPCF13MOE Battery problem

Hi I own a Vaio VPCF13MOE and all was fine untill the begining of this week when every time I put my notebook into hibernation and then woke it up I had the black screen come up asking me how I wanted to start up windows and I could only turn the thing on with the AC power plugged in it would not turn on with only the battery. I had a look at the battery condition and it said it was good and when I put the pointer on the battery icon in the bottom right hand corner it said 99% remaining and it didn'tshow it was charging and there was no charging light on at the front of the notebook. So I thought the battery has failed so knowing Vaio's don't work to well with after market battery's I got in touch with Sony to find out where I could get a new one from they told me to use a company called   

EET Europarts Ltd .

So I did I gave the the model no and the s/n they said they had one battery in stock which I ordered it arrived the next day I fitted it but could not turn the notebook on with out the AC power plugged in as it fired up I had the charging light flashing the after it booted up I had the error message come up that the battery wasn't fitted and on checking battery condition it said it was critical. So I fired an email of to EET Europart telling them what was happening. The next day I rang Sony support to see if they could give me any pointers to resolve my problem they asked me to give them the s/n off my old battery and the s/n from the new one. They then said I had the wrong battery and gave me a line to the right one on EET's website. So I ordered the one Sony said was right for me and got a return started for the previous one. The new battery arrived this afternoon and guess what I have the same scenario. Charging light flashing battery condition critical I have stopped the error message by turning off the isb utility in the start up configurtion. I have looked online for a solution but haven't come up with anything solid has any out there had the same problem or know where I could posably fine the answer. 

3 REPLIES 3
keplyer
Explorer

I believe I had a lot of windows updates come in just before my problem started. I normaly let these updates download when I turn the notebook of when I finish with it for the day. I did see that a few people have had problems in the past with some windows updates.

keplyer
Explorer

So to give you all a summary with the old battery in no power won't switch on. With the old battery and the AC plugged in it powers up it also powers up with only the AC plugged in and no battery installed. With only the new battery no power but with the new battery and the AC plugged in I have power but also have the charging light flashing which it does not wth the old battery.

keplyer
Explorer

Is there any way I can tell when the new battery I brought was made as I understand Li-ion batterys have a shelf life.