Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO - Win7 install stopped at the end with black screen

RomanSVK1
Explorer

VAIO - Win7 install stopped at the end with black screen

Hi guys, i have sony vaio laptop - produkt name is SVS1312R9EB which come with win8. I dont like this version of windows and on sony web page was writen that this version (SVS13) can be downgradet to win7. So i formated whole HDD - all partitions to 1 and i started installation of win7. Of course i changed in bios booting to Legacy and first boot is dvd drive. Installation started normally and all was ok, laptop restarts 2 times and after i added name for the PC and serial for win7 and security settings for default (or recommended) , it restarted 3rd time and just black screen appears with blinking cursor. Here its ended. 

Normally after this step should windows starts. So i tried install the win7 on this HDD on second PC if there is no problem with the HDD but win7 has been installed normally so HDD should be ok

I also tried change bios to default settings but same problem. Is there anything else what could be done for solving this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi

I don’t know if this will be useful:

This is the link of Sony UK - Windows 7 Downgrade support

And this is the link of Sony US - Windows Downgrade - BIOS and on step 4 there’s the link of Sony US - Windows 7 Clean Install Instructions for Windows 8 PCs.

Be careful! All drivers here are for another model of VAIO.

Install drivers only from Sony’s UK site Sony UK Support - Vaio SVS1313P9EB Downloads

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
RomanSVK1
Explorer

Hi, thx for answer, but although i tried it trough Assist button, it ends in same step at the end of the instalation with blinking cursor on black screen. I really dont know what could be wrong. Whole instalation runs normally to the "almost" end and then it stops.

RomanSVK1
Explorer

Hi, i tried to instal win8 and it was without problem, seems that win7 is not possible to install as clean instalation. Now i need to buy new activation key for win8 because on laptop is no sticker with this and also in box was nothing - i get it as gift. Why i didnt make a backup...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi RomanSVK1.

Windows 8 should activate automatically - licensing permissions are held on the motherboard.

You do not need to buy a new Activation Key as long as you have reinstalled the same version of W8 as was originally installed.

:wink:

RomanSVK1
Explorer

Has it something to do with BIOS? Because i have restored factory defaults in Bios and erased all Secure boot settings in key management (in Bios). Hopefully this was not the place for storing the key.

RomanSVK1
Explorer

Guys, one last question. I bought original Win8 (not Pro) version and instaled it to the laptop. Window where u can add the key for activation didnt appear  during instalation, just other standard questions like add name, internet connection, etc. After finishing instalation windows runs  and when i checked the system window where is writen if the windows are activated, i found that i have Windows 8 Pro and it is activated.  Means that - the key was added from Mobo and i have 1 Win8 which i can install on some other computer? 

Thx for answer. Roman