Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Z Series SSD Drive upgrade?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Turra_Loon
Visitor

VAIO Z Series SSD Drive upgrade?

Does anyone know if it is possible to install a 512GB SSD in place of the factory fitted 128GB SSD?

Vaio Z series VPCZ116GG

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
danhague
Visitor

Hi Turra, what is the manufacturer of that new SSD 512GB drive? We can probably crosscheck it with the compatible devices. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

profile.country.es_ES.title
santiagoserranomacias
Visitor

I actually bought a common 512gb ssd but when I opened the computer I noticed the memories do not have an standard form, it comes in a couple of cards, I insisted in the sony service center and they told me they do not have any upgrade yet, they estimate to have them by june this year.....  Nevertheles I foun this info http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/533122852-For-s-a-m-s-ung-1-8-LIF-512GB-SSD-MZ-RPA5120-0SO-MZRP... is a 512gb and  expensive, so please if anyone can confirm if it works it will help us all. :neutral:

El mensaje fue editado por: santiagoserranomacias

El mensaje fue editado por: santiagoserranomacias

profile.country.uk_UA.title
lfy123
Visitor

my email is  if you  have  other  question  welcome  to contact  me

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Removed the email address as personal details are not allowed to be shared on the forums

profile.country.uk_UA.title
lfy123
Visitor

You  are  very  luck!!!!!!!!!Because  I  can  tell  you  which  ssd  is  suitable

For  example   This  512GB  is  fit  for  VPCZ21  Series,like  VPCZ21  VPCZ217  VPCZ215 --- and  so  on , and  it  fit  for  SA  SB  series  too,like   VPCSA28GG VPCSB1AFJ  --- and  so  on,if  your  laptop  ssd  is    MZRPA256HMDR   or  MZRPA128HMCD-000S0 ,you  can  buy   it  to  replace

But   But  But ,if  you  laptop  is  VPCZ11  Series,you  Cannot  buy  it,because  the  interface  and  size  is  different,you  can  buy  2  pcs  256GB   SSD  to  make    512GB  RAID0 ,Fastest      or  buy  2pcs  128GB  to

make  up  256GB  SSD,like 

Hope  my  reply  can  help  you

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Removed links promoting a commercial business as they are not allowed on the forums.

russ1669
Explorer

Hi All,

I have a VPC-Z2 that has had a fault with the 250GB SSD since new. Problem was Sony wanted to take the machine away for weeks to repair and I require every day for work. I have now decided to buy a new drive myself, but does anyone know which drives will work? Also, I'm thinking about upgrading to 500GB. Will this be a straight swap as well? 

Any help would be great. Or if anyone knows how to get Sony to provide replacement drives free of charge that would be brilliant! I am still in warranty as I paid for the extended.

thanks,

Russ