Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Zone installation

chicetbeau
Visitor

VAIO Zone installation

Hi, i just bought a Vaio VGN-A617S and face problems with the installation of VAIO Zone. It interrupts just after having started it. Has anybody had similar problems? what's the solution? thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi chicetbeau and welcome to Club Vaio.

Can you give us a few more details of what happens when you launch Vaio Zone. Are you given any messages? What exactly happens?

I'm afraid we need a little more info.

:thinking:

chicetbeau
Visitor

dear blencogo,
i am not sure whether you got my yesterday's message.
so after having clicked on the vaio bar "CD/DVD" the "vaio zone installation" windows appears, asking whether the cable or the antenna are connected, whith the fields "cancel" and "continue". when i click on "continue", the whole windows closes down. we don't have cable tv in our building nor do i have a satellite dish, and i don't want to link the tv station (with terrestrian chains) to the computer anyhow. i also downloaded trial games from the www.zone.msn.com which can't be played neither as a error message appears: "access violation at 0x66003A78 (sometimes also ....77) (tried to write to 0x00030FFC) programme terminated." and the windows closes down. i cannot watch a video sequence, for example from a tv station over internet. in this case, the browser shuts completely down. session ended! do you think i have to reconfigure completely my vaio from the beginning, including uninstalling windows xp (home edition) and all other software, then configure/install vaio zone first before installing any other programmes? there seems to be a incompatibilty between vaio zone and other programmes. thanks for your assistance.
marcel