Join now - be part of our community!

vaiofe28h problems

miguelangel112
Visitor

vaiofe28h problems

Hi, I had aproblem uninstalling norton and my vaio fe28h crashed, I couldn´t open vaio recovery tool. I update my os to xp proffessional, but I loose the recovery partition.
Now I´m trying to install all drivers but I can´t find the display card info, I think is nvidia geforce xxxx and I have problems with ethernet card xxxxx driver too.
I installed all vaio utilities but now when I shut down, the system doesn´t shut down.

I would like one of this:

recover all to windows media center default or
use windows xp but I need drivers that I dont have, and would like the vaio recovery tool too.
next week I´ll have the windows vista and I dont know what is the best option.

I loose all software that was in the default vaio.

Is possible have a drivers and software recovery dvd or a default system image?
I want install in the vaio the windows vista and the Macosx and a recovery partition, but maybe I´ll have drives problems.

thanks.

miguelangel112@yahoo.com

3 REPLIES 3
Resonate
Visitor

Hi miguelange, & welcome to ClubVAIO

I take it by reading the bottom part of your post........

Is possible have a drivers and software recovery dvd or a default system image?
I want install in the vaio the windows vista and the Macosx and a recovery partition, but maybe I´ll have drives problems.

.........That you did not create your System Recovery disks when you got your system ?

When booting up your System try tapping F10 repeatedly so see if the Recovery partion is still there if so then this should access it, Failing this try VAIO Support & download the Original Drivers & Utilites package & place in C:\Utils. & install them

nicoleyinyin
Visitor

i met the same problem, and I can't find anything in the support centre,
my model is vgn-fe41e

miguelangel112
Visitor

When I bought the vaio, I haven´t any dvd at home, and then, I forget it.

I tried with f10, installing drivers and utils from vaio,...... but nothing.
I bought the sony support vaio recovey dvd´s (46 euros), and with this all will be like the day I bought the vaio.

I can´t understand that sony ear money with his support.
I payed 1300 euros for my vaio, why must I make the recovery dvd´s???
When I buy a camera, sound card, display,..... they send me a cd with the drivers. Why not soy send a copy of recovery dvd´s in the vaio box with the warranty and manual???

I´ll never buy more sony products.

one more queston.I have a windos vista os cd.
with this recovery dvds I can´t upgrade to vista unless I buy the sony upgrade.
and in the vaio web, is not all drivers for my vaio.

is horrible what sony makes with us whose buy sony products.