Join now - be part of our community!

VaioFZ21M BlueRay Capabilities

_Tone_
Visitor

VaioFZ21M BlueRay Capabilities

Guys

I was wondering if its possible for a BD to play a TrueHD soundtrack and output this via HDMI to my Onkyo SR805 Amp.
So far it does not work and because there is only a single True HD track I only get PCM Stereo - not even 2 channel Dolby Digital!

The disk I am tryig to play is Resident Evil Extinction, when its played in the display on the Sony I get a Dolby Logo with HD next to it.

Thanks

Tone

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tone.

There has been endless speculation about the HDMI 1.3 output on the FZ-Series Vaios.

I have never met anyone who has managed to get anything but 2:1 PCM stereo out of a FZ. Theory says that surround sound should be supported with HDMI 1.3 but no-one has got it to work. We have to ask if the HDMI is REALLY 1.3 or not. The absence of an Optical Out seems to restrict this model to two channel audio only.

If anyone has actually managed to get anything more than 2:1 PCM out of a FZ, please post how you did it here!!!

This page on the Sony USA site is quite useful: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-info.pl?template=&info_id=22

:slight_frown:

_Tone_
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

I have actually had 5.1 from the Vaio to my Onkyo over HDMI.

I followed the instructions in the manual (I'm at work so cant reference the page right now) and so 5.1 in DD and DTS has been seen.

There was a firmware update applied yesterday but not had a chance to see what is available now.
I am deciding on buying a PS3 to play my Blue Rays now - the Vaio is dissapointing to be honest!

Is there any way of seeing what profile I have?

Thanks

Tone