Join now - be part of our community!

VCC4 camera on FE41 does not work anymore

jmpmolegraaf
Visitor

VCC4 camera on FE41 does not work anymore

Dear All,

This is not a post because I am not willing to look around here to find a solution! None of the other (OLD) solutions on this forum did work..

The problem started after the Vista Update. The camera is in use by another program says Camera Capture Utility and MSN (for example) has the same problem. I have the newest updates for Vaio as far as I know..

The steps below do not work because the hotfix is not compatible with my system (FE41E, Vista)

1. Install Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 from here: - MicrosoftVista-KB931812-v2-x86
2. Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100 from here:-

Does anybody have a clue, because I use my web cam often and there is no way I can't get it working again!.. Also a reinstall of the cam driver didn't solve the problem!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Jan-Martin

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jan-Martin,

It seems you are not alone. Something seems to have caused a problem in the latest updates.

I can't understand why the Hotfix will not install (unless it is installed already) - perhaps because it does not think your system has a camera. Is the camera shown as being installed correctly in Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Imaging Devices? It should be installed as "Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC4"

:thinking:

jmpmolegraaf
Visitor

The camera can be found in the device manager so that is not the problem.

Furthermore, the hot fix, when i install it, says the update is not valid for my system (freely translated)..

Do you have any idea how that can be?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Perhaps it is installed already. It is for a univeral language so it should install on any Sony with a camera.

What version of the Vaio Camera Capture Utility have you got installed?

jmpmolegraaf
Visitor

I have VCCU version 2.2.01.04030..

But with this hot fix it should work!? Or this not the solution for everybody? Maybe I have to reinstall windows (which is definitely not a preferred option)...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The hotfix will not cure this problem for everybody and you are getting close to the time when a System Recovery is the only way forward.

All you can do before that is make sure you have the latest versions of everything installed, then Uninstall the Camera by right-clicking on "Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC4" in Device Manager and choosing Uninstall. Then browse to C:\Drivers\Camera\VGP-VCC4 and run DPInst32.exe.

jmpmolegraaf
Visitor

actually that didn't help.. Does anybody have another idea how to fix this.. I think it's very annoying that if you buy yourself a sony vaio with built-in web cam that you're having so much problems with your cam..

Does reinstalling the PC solve the problem? because Vista will download immediately the newest software.. PFFFFF!

Help 😉

JM

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi JM,

I suggest you contact the official Sony Support facility HERE

It would appear that your fellow Vaio users on this forum have no further solution to offer except for you to Recover your system using the Vaio Recovery Utility. Sony will ask you to do this as the first step to solving your problem.

:slight_frown: