Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-m1 Keyboard

mrbanana
Visitor

VGC-m1 Keyboard

Hi all

I need a new keyboard for my VGC-M1, where do i find the keyboard part number on it?

Plus, can anyone recommend a supplier?

6 REPLIES 6
mrbanana
Visitor

someone must know what keyboard I need?

vaio-freak
Visitor

I don't know if you guys in Europe have Sony Parts center, but that is where I call to when I need a specific part for my VAIOs to be replaced. You may also see if you can get a service manual for your VAIO M1 which lists all parts and part #s used in your VAIO. Again I am not sure if it is available in your country. Call Sony Support and go from there.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No we don't have that in the UK.
The US get a much better deal with their VAIOs

babysmile
Visitor

mrbanana, where are u from actually ? US or UK??

last time I also finding my M1 Keyboard . I assume u got from ebay as well ( hence cheap price eh? )

Last time I contact Sony Europe and guess what? They quote me 130 Pounds for the new keyboard replacement.. That's really expensive.. After that I found some computer shop in the internet suddenly offer some vgc-m1 parts... and cheaper a lot..

If u really need the keyboard part number, please let me know and i just unscrew out but it's hard to find a used m1 keyboard .. just luck and faith...

Mind I ask is it problem on spilt drink something like that? Have u disable the keyboard connection cause u can just buy another USB keyboard to sort the problem .. ( but u can't play the Volume, muting and brightness control )..

mrbanana
Visitor

Hi - I am in the UK and really want an original Sony.

Anyone know where i can get the keyboard model number and / or a supplier?

babysmile
Visitor

Hope this help ...

Sorry for the late reply.. been buzy .. and here u go about the Keyboard on M1. and hard to put image.. dunno why...