Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2M Memory upgrade....

m0dcm
Visitor

VGC-V2M Memory upgrade....

Hi Guy's,

I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction?
I've just purchased the wonderful Sony Vaio VGC-V2M, and I would like to upgrade it from 512Mb Ram to 1Gb Ram, but I don;t know where the DDR Ram goes?

Can anyone help me on this?

Cheers for any info...

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

184pin DIMM
DDR PC3200 (400MHz)

You can uprade the RAM up to 1GB. I think one slot must be free. You need one 512MB RAM module.

Crucial is a good address.

http://www.crucial.com

m0dcm
Visitor

184pin DIMM
DDR PC3200 (400MHz)

You can uprade the RAM up to 1GB. I think one slot must be free. You need one 512MB RAM module.

Crucial is a good address.

http://www.crucial.com

Cheers for that info, but the next question would be, where on the VGC-V2M is the memory module accessed from?
I have a slab of 512Mb DDR 400 ready to go in, lucky for me a friend was selling a slab!!

Cheers....

seb21__
Visitor

I don't know exactly what you mean.

But look here. (click me )

m0dcm
Visitor

What I'm trying to say, is where on the VGC-V2M is the Memory slots?
I know where they are on my PCG-FX-805, but not on this 2day old machine, it's not even in the manuals, how much good these have been I'd rather not say!!

seb21__
Visitor

Look at my old post and click "click me"

m0dcm
Visitor

Hi Again,

Many thanks for this, I'm now running 1Gb of Ram, with Pain Killer and Call Of Duty running without any swap files!!

I'm one happy VGC-V2M owner, but I'd like to have more hard drive space, but I doubt there is any room for a second HDD, but hey, it's a super machine.

Once again many thanks for the help..... :laughing: :smileygrin:

teamlazy
Visitor

I went out and bought a new memory module, came to install it and cannot get the memory cover off, the screws just disintegrated wen i tried unscrewing them and now i cant get in to update 😞 has no one else had this problem