Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2M Vaio Zone TV Picture Failure

Rodge1
Visitor

VGC-V2M Vaio Zone TV Picture Failure

I'd just like to inform you all of a failure I've had on my VGC-V2M machine.

With the unit only being 14 months old and while watching TV through the Vaio Zone the picture froze with sound still being ok. After many attempts of restarting the Vaio Zone and the machine I contacted e-support.

I was told by esupport to check if the Mpeg Realtime encoder board (Which is your TV tuner card) was functioning ok.

Please right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager
Please click on the + sign beside Sound,Video and Game Controllers.
Right click on Mpeg Encoder Board and click on uninstall, click ok and restart the computer.
The Mpeg Encoder Board should automatically install itself.

This had no effect and the TV still didn't work so I was told to do a complete system recovery to check if it was a hardware of software issue. I carried this out and again no change. So I've sent the unit back at my cost.

After 3 weeks I was finally told that the Mounted powerboard (ENX-25): (cause of TV connection issue) and the CNX-266 board were both faulty and that I would need to pay £144.47 to fix the problem.

This I was not happy about this and refused to pay the full amount as the product is only 14 months old and just out of warranty. I bought a sony product as they are supposed to be reliable and robust ( you would expect to get at least 5 yrs running no problem), however it seems that they are not as good as the name they have or their cost suggests. After speaking to a call team leader I was offered a 30% discount still a cost of £107.70 that I have now agreed to pay under much duress as I want my unit back and fixed. I also asked the Team Leader how long she would expect the machine to last before it failed and to supply me warranty data for the problem and for the machine, she could not reply to the requests which I find appalling.

I know a warranty period is for 12 months but I do not find it reasonable that I have to pay for something especially a Sony product that has failed just outside warranty. Therefore I will not be buying a Sony product for a long time as I do not think they have the reliablity or customers services that their price and name suggests and I recomend that anyone else takes this into consideration.

2 REPLIES 2
Kris1990
Visitor

This is a double post.

I thought i had already replied to this.

bkehrer
Visitor

My VGC-2S is also 14 moth old and it has the same tv picture problem. Vaio Zone picture freezes in with the sound still being on. When I restart Vaio Zone the screen is black. The Mpeg Realtime decoder board is ready for use and I did a complete restoration of the whole computer system, which did not help to solve the problem. I can not view the registered videos and cannot change the channel settings, becouse they are disabled.