Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2S TV Problems

KEVT
Visitor

VGC-V2S TV Problems

Hello all this problem is kind of tricky to explain but here goes..

We have a VGC-V2s which operates fine until we launch the TV. When the TV launches the mouse pointer is still showing the eggtimer. We can switch the TV channels but when we turn of the TV to return to the desktop it locks up the PC. Sometimes the TV doesnt close, others it partially loads the desktop with parts of the tv still displayed but the machine locks up. All we can do is kill the power to the machine and restart.

So my questions are, does anyone know:-
1) Why when we lanch the TV the cursor constantly displys the eggtimer and functions very slowly.
2) Why when closing down the TV the pc is locking up

Has anyone else experienced similar problems??
Thanks in adavnce for your help

19 REPLIES 19
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

That's a new one to me.

Have you checked for any updates or patches from Vaio-Link ?

KEVT
Visitor

Yeah we have tried the updates which have not done anything to correct the fault. I would like to try and reinstall the Vaio Zone thing but dont know how. This problem is drivind us mad

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

VAIO Zone should be on the DVD

KEVT
Visitor

We didnt receive any media with the machine at all, i belive it now comes with a recovery partition, but i dont wanna mess with that unless its a last resort.

nemo66
Visitor

@KEVT

Well...u can reinstall the VaioZone verry simply, and this also may correct your problem:

-just start the recovery programm (Vaio Recovery Utilitiy)
-choose NOT to reinstall the whole drive, just single programs
-accept all requests (yes-no)
-choose the prog u want to reinstall (i.e. VaioZone)
.ur on your way!!!

If still not working, tell me what kind of 3. party programs u installed, maybe some games that overinstalled directX or some burner programs?!
If so, that may be also the answer to ur probs.

Regards,

KEVT
Visitor

Thanks i have reinstalled VIA Zone now but still experiencing the same problem. The only software we have installed is MCAFee security centre. We tried disabling this and still have the problem. We have talked to Viao support and all they could suggest was reinstalling the Via Zone. Guess ill have to call them again

kee-lo_

See I could work @ VAIO-Link

KEVT
Visitor

Lol Kee-lo.

I manged to resolve the problem by doing a full system restore. Then installed Mcafee and MS Office and it was working perfect.
Then yesterday the problem reoccurrred, anyone got any ideas???? the machine is more than likely going back if not.

kee-lo_

Shot in the dark, try removing McAfee.
If this doesn't work then I suspect the card is getting overheated.