Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2S TV Problems

KEVT
Visitor

VGC-V2S TV Problems

Hello all this problem is kind of tricky to explain but here goes..

We have a VGC-V2s which operates fine until we launch the TV. When the TV launches the mouse pointer is still showing the eggtimer. We can switch the TV channels but when we turn of the TV to return to the desktop it locks up the PC. Sometimes the TV doesnt close, others it partially loads the desktop with parts of the tv still displayed but the machine locks up. All we can do is kill the power to the machine and restart.

So my questions are, does anyone know:-
1) Why when we lanch the TV the cursor constantly displys the eggtimer and functions very slowly.
2) Why when closing down the TV the pc is locking up

Has anyone else experienced similar problems??
Thanks in adavnce for your help

19 REPLIES 19
malsat
Visitor

Hi there
ive the same problem and 1 day old,tv keeps freezing andegg timer stays on then comp locks,very annoyed.

nemo66
Visitor

@Kee-Lo : no overheating!!! It´s a software problem!

@damaged user:

-u must reinstall the complete software (incl. windows)
-repartition the harddrive in 2 equal parts !!!
-seems like the VaioZone is nor properly functioning with the original 30GB C: drive
-after reinstalling all new do a system restore point!!!

DON´T install Mcaffe (use free antivir (www.chip.de))
DON`T install MS Office (old version, need upgraded and compatible with SP2)

Now it shall work without problems.
Also don´t disable indexing on harddisks

Regards,

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Seems to be something with McAfee Nemo

Akanksha
Visitor

i would have thought so, coz they have norton pre-installed and i think to uninstall it completely u have got to registry and all that.
I had a similar problem with McAfee earlier this year, best uninstall norton again!

nemo66
Visitor

-i would choose Norton over MCAffe!
Really....believe me!:smileyhappy:

kee-lo_

Same here.

malsat
Visitor

ive reinstalled from factory settings,and run norton and not put mcafree on,and so far its ok

KEVT
Visitor

ive reinstalled from factory settings,and run norton and not put mcafree on,and so far its ok

We have done the same and so far it is working fine. The strange thing is that it ran fine for a few days with McAfee on, so i wonder if it just a case of changing a setting in McAfee?

kee-lo_

Maybe it's an update McAfee picks up.

KEVT
Visitor

Maybe it's an update McAfee picks up.

Yeah suppose might try it with AVG, thanks for your help guys, cant belive the amount of problems this has coursed the machine.