Join now - be part of our community!

VGC VA1 Question.

Hydraxxx
Visitor

VGC VA1 Question.

Hello there.

I've bought VGC VA1 however i'd like to change the graphics card in it. Im not very good at computer, I only use them for entertainment. Can you tell me if VGC VA1 allows you to change your Graphics Card.

If so can you tell me which one would be best for around £80. Just need a little upgrade too boost my gaming performance :slight_smile:

4 REPLIES 4
TD4
Visitor

I personally see no reason as to why you can't add an ADDITIONAL GRAPHICS CARD. There is a spare slot at the right side of the computer.

As for replacing the current video card, I'm under the impression that it is integrated into the Motherboard.

Caution.

Delving into the inards of the VA1 is a pain in the axxx. I've recently managed to add another hard disk to mine and foundly it incredibly fiddly. BE WARNED.

Hope this helps

TD4

Hydraxxx
Visitor

Thanks for reply.

So I can add another graphics card without having to take this one out??

As for the graphics card itself, doesnt it have to be certainly modified to fit into VGC VA1 computer? Or can i just buy any graphics card i want and it will still be placeable into the computer.

One more question, can I also upgrade my RAM?

TD4
Visitor

Thanks for reply.

So I can add another graphics card without having to take this one out??

I think I'll have to correct myself here. The VA1 has an integrated PC & Monitor so it may not be possible to take the present one out. If you do fit another graphic card to the empty slot, you'll only be able to display an image to a seperate monitor. That's of course if it works,

As for the graphics card itself, doesnt it have to be certainly modified to fit into VGC VA1 computer? Or can i just buy any graphics card i want and it will still be placeable into the computer.

It's possible that it will have to be a LOW PROFILE graphics card. Again I'm not sure. Only by opening the VA1 (be warned that it's fiddly) could you determine the size of the graphic card.

One more question, can I also upgrade my RAM?

It's possible. Please see my reply in the following thread titled RAM VA1

[http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=39383 | http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=39383]

Hope this helps

TD4

Hydraxxx
Visitor

Hey again,

Does anyone know if you can take the graphics card thats in VA1 out?