Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-A497GP & VGP-PRA1

globenet
Visitor

VGN-A497GP & VGP-PRA1

HI,
I have a A497XP and have just purchased the VGP-PRA1.
I can't seem to be able to the TV tuner in the VaioZone, appreciate some assistance.

In addition, in system devices, the ATK0100 ACPI Utility has a conflict, how can I correct this? Please assist.

When I plug in a USB 2.0 device, there's a pop-up asking user to plug in the device into another port. How do I fix this?

This is my first Vaio appreciate some assistance.

Thanks

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

Hi Globenet,

the VGP-PRA1 does not have a TV tuner, it is the default A-series docking station. The TV-tuner docking station VGP-PRAV2 was never sold seperately and was only available bundled with A217S, A317S, A417S, A517S and A517S.

Sorry, but no clue what the ATK0100 is. Did you fiddle with the OS or drivers?

Does the USB problem occur with basic devices such as mice as well?

profile.country.it_IT.title
frmanel95
New

Hi,
I have the same problem whit mine (PRAV1) and a errore code apperar (ID error=1205-0-0-20224-226).
A Speakers and USB port WOrk wery good.
If I try to use a remote control nothing happens.
Pls note then I tried use i PRAV1 whith a vaio Media and a sw runs ( I dont know if work good).
Anyware if I disconnect a Prav1 vaio zone work very well.

Thanks in advance for help

benfmv
Visitor

I got the same error when I plug my VGN-A317M on my VGP-PRA1 docking station, Vaio Zone does not work ...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi everyone,

Have a look in Control Panel>>System>>Hardware>>Hardware Profiles.

Under the current profile, click on properties and make sure "This is a Portable Computer" is checked and select "The computer is Docked".

:wink:

EDIT: globenet - right-click on the device with a conflict and select "Uninstall". Reboot your computer to reinstall the device and hopefully remove the conflict. I think this is the Advanced Power Management Controller,

:thinking:

benfmv
Visitor

Hello and thank you Blencogo,
I modified the profile and unfortunately, it didn't seem to change anything. The IR receiver still doesn't appear in the device list ...

BTW : I checked the remote control batteries and they work.

I'm lost ...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi benfmv,

I am a little confused. Are you using a Vaio Zone Remote? Does the PRA1 come with a Remote and either a dedicated pair of speakers or a USB IR Receiver? The remote commander only installs if you have an IR Receiver - either stand alone or in the speakers (as the IR Receiver is built into the left speaker).

I wonder if your version of Vaio Zone does not support the remote commander? It is usually only bundled on Vaios that come with a remote. Did the docking station come with a disk?

Check if you have AvRmtCtr.exe and AvRmtRes.DLL in "C:\Program Files\Sony\Vaio Zone Remote Commander"

benfmv
Visitor

I'm using a RM-VC10U remote control that I bought with the docking station. The package also included a pair of speakers that connect via USB. The USB IR receiver is located on the left speaker.

There was no disk with the docking station.

I checked and this file and DLL is not on my disk :cry:

It's weird because this station is supposed to be made for this series :thinking:

Is there anywhere I can download "Remote Commander" ? My searches gave nothing.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi benfmv,

It doesn't sound like you have the PRA1 docking station - yours sounds much more advanced - sounds more like the docking station supplied as a package with the VGN-A317S. If it is, you won't have the correct version of Vaio Zone (TV Version) and won't have all the required drivers and utilities.

You could try downloading Vaio Zone and all the preinstalled drivers and utilities from here -

VGN-A417S Downloads

- I don't know if it will work but it should if you have the correct docking station.

Can you find the code number for the docking station - does it look like THIS VGN-PRA2 ?

benfmv
Visitor

Got it (thanks to you) !

1 - Indeed, it's not a VGN-PRA1 but a VGN-PRAV1 (I learned this by looking under it).
2 - When you mentionned the "Remote Commander" program I did a research and learned that this software was probably in the .pac files of my recovery CD, and that I needed a software called "KCAP.EXE" to extract these .PAC files.
I found it, extracted the whole files and finally found the Remote Commander program.

An install and a reboot later, I pushed faithfully the Vaio button of the remote control, and VAIO Zone popped up !

You're the man !

At first I thought the remote control could be used in other software than Vaio Zone but it seems that it is proprietary and can't. Or am I wrong again ?