Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-A497GP & VGP-PRA1

globenet
Visitor

VGN-A497GP & VGP-PRA1

HI,
I have a A497XP and have just purchased the VGP-PRA1.
I can't seem to be able to the TV tuner in the VaioZone, appreciate some assistance.

In addition, in system devices, the ATK0100 ACPI Utility has a conflict, how can I correct this? Please assist.

When I plug in a USB 2.0 device, there's a pop-up asking user to plug in the device into another port. How do I fix this?

This is my first Vaio appreciate some assistance.

Thanks

35 REPLIES 35
PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

This is great news I also have a PRAV2 and have been unable to use remote, still a little unclear about what to do ?

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

I have just downloaded the prog called kcap. what do you do next?

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

If you double click on the kcap prog nothing happens, a little box pops up and says kcap ver 2.00 nolock, how does this prog run?

BartK
Visitor

Dudes, forget about it... sorry.
It doesn't work because the windows OEM version for the Vaio bundled with this docking station (with TV function) is different from the one without it. It is missing some preparations to get the TV function working. Hence the reason why Sony doesn't sell it seperatelly...

benfmv
Visitor

Damn. I've got to buy a VGN-A317S recovery disc then since it's exactly the same model shipped with the docking station.

In that case I wonder why they install the TV Tuner Library by default on my system ...

To PHOTOSHOP KID :

Search "remote commmander" with the forum search function and you will find a how-to near the end of the results.

BartK
Visitor

you can foget about that 2! only discs for your Vaio will run on your vaio.
The ones from another model/language cannot run.

benfmv
Visitor

Doh ! :cry:

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

So hang on a sec, what we are saying is, it is not possible to use the remote control for any function with a A317M?

benfmv
Visitor

It is possible to use the remote control and the speakers but not the TV tuner.

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

It is possible to use the remote control and the speakers but not the TV tuner.

Ok, How do I extract the req files so I can use remote, are all the req files on my recovery dvd? I have a copy of the prog Kcap but dont know how to extract files, can anyone help me?