Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FJ1S/W SCREEN FLASH

amj.designs
Visitor

VGN-FJ1S/W SCREEN FLASH

i wonder if this has been posted already but i have the above model and this is the second one as the 1st one was replaced due to the fact that if i'm on a website and the windows media player is opened or viao zone is on i get a flash through the screen (i call it screen flash) it's just like a flash moves across the screen.has anyone noticed this?

7 REPLIES 7
h901
Visitor

yeah, i have the same problem usually after my laptops been on for quite a while (maybe an hour or so) the screen flickers/flashes for less that 1 second. then it goes back to normal and after a certain period of time it happens again.
h901

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

This could be due to overheating if it happens > 1hr

amj.designs
Visitor

This could be due to overheating if it happens > 1hr

WELL IT CAN'T BE NORMAL THEN?IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR THIS AS SONY TOLD ME TO USE RECOVERY CD AFTER REBOOTING TO SEE IF THE PROBLEM WAS STILL THERE AND IT WAS.SINCERELY I HAVE HAD A BENQ LAPTOP NEVER HAD AS MUCH AS PROBLEM AS THIS BUT I WENT AND ACCIDENTLY DROPPED IT.I SINCERELY THOUGHT SONY WAS THE BEST

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Then you open an eSupport case with them or phone them during opening hours

iDevil
Visitor

i wonder if this has been posted already but i have the above model and this is the second one as the 1st one was replaced due to the fact that if i'm on a website and the windows media player is opened or viao zone is on i get a flash through the screen (i call it screen flash) it's just like a flash moves across the screen.has anyone noticed this?

Hi!
I also found this problem. Could you tell me your problem has been fixed by sony? How did you contact them? By E-support or Phone?

Thank you!

munkie
Visitor

This happens on mine from time to time, FJ1Z/W. Don't think it's anything to be worried about.

Kazm
Visitor

Happens to me too. Dunno wats going on but i hope it doesn't turn into somethin worse. I dunno if this would work but i have situations where a projector flashes like that and all i had to do was increase the refresh rate. Dunno if it'll work for laptops tho but its worth trying. And dats wat am gonna do if it turns out worse than it already is.