Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FJ3M/W video driver problem.. Doesn't run vista aero :( please help

atuman
Visitor

VGN-FJ3M/W video driver problem.. Doesn't run vista aero :( please help

:cry:
Hi,
I've just upgraded to windows vista and my laptop which is a vaio vgn-fj3m/w does not run aero interface. It only gives me the subscore of 1.0 for video which I guess is not enough to run aero! Can someone help please, would appreciate it greatly

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi atuman and welcome to Club Vaio.

Bad news I'm afraid - your Intel 915GM graphics chip is not Vista compatible for advanced eye-candy features like Aero. Check the Intel website for an update but I don't think it will ever run Aero unless a WDDM Driver can be released for this chipset.

:slight_frown:

atuman
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,
thanks alot for you reply! I've seen alot of discussion regarding the wddm drivers but it seems that intel is not going to release wddm drivers but some people have managed to force aero onto the 915 chip. Do you know if there is anyway to go about it? appreciate your help!

SERIGNE
Visitor

:cry: 
Hi,
I've just upgraded to windows vista and my laptop which is a vaio vgn-fj3m/w does not run aero interface. It only gives me the subscore of 1.0 for video which I guess is not enough to run aero! Can someone help please, would appreciate it greatly

you have to donwload the drive

atuman
Visitor

HI SERIGNE,

I couldnt understand your reply.. you say i need to download the drive? i assume that means the driver! where do i download the driver! appreciate your help!
thanks

atuman
Visitor

Hi,

if anyone knows how to activate the aero interface on the 915 chip, please let me know! I would appreciate it greatly!

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

if anyone knows how to activate the aero interface on the 915 chip, please let me know! I would appreciate it greatly!

thanks

Hi atuman

Unless Intel release the WDDM Drivers then I doubt you will ever be able to run Aero on a Intel 915 chip and if you do a search with google you'll find your not alone.. :slight_frown:

atuman
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,
Thanks for your reply.. I understand that there is no wddm driver available for the 915 chip but I've seen posts where ppl say that they were able to force Aero by customizing the drivers.. Any ideas?? I would gr8ly appreciate any help in these regards!
thanks