Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FW31M driver/software issue

profile.country.en_GR.title
Eva_trinity
Visitor

VGN-FW31M driver/software issue

I have VGN-FW31M -did a clean install on Win 7 , 64bits- and I have an issue (saw this prob, in other models here too) with the memory card... after two long days of trying with the originals , searching the web elsewhere etc., I found a zip file in a forum (Thank God!) that had files that solved the recognition issue in my device manager. BUT I still can't see any memory card icon when I open "My Computer"... (and I used to have two icons for my DVD/ Blue-Ray driver, but have no Blue Ray to do do some testing (I installed EVERY driver given in the VGN-FW31M page here... Anyone some help with lack of driver/software in this?????? Why, when you took the trouble  of presenting most WIN 7 drivers in this , didn't present ALL drivers for Win 7? it's like saying "OK, you can do a clean install, but you ll have half a laptop" 😕 😕 :/... plz help :cry: Thanks forehand

(plus I have no idea yet what else might or might not be working, checked Fn button, VOL, etc (don't know about S1 or av mode) they seem to be working but differently than before, nothing shows up on screen, still they get the job done... everything in the device manager is recognised)

Message was edited by: Eva_trinity

Message was edited by: Eva_trinity

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GR.title
Eva_trinity
Visitor

bumping up (and starting a whole new thread about blu ray read/write function... some help plz, I m frustrated 😕 )

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Many of the original Vista drivers work perfectly well with Windows 7.  You need to install these Vista drivers where a newer, Windows 7 driver is not available and update to the Windows 7 versions if they are available.

:wink: