Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FZ21M guys need some help please,

Shay6anUSA
Visitor

VGN-FZ21M guys need some help please,

hi every one and thanks for trying to help in advance i have a vgn-fz21m ... my problem is i don't have a recovery CD for my laptop because i was stupid for not making one once i got the laptop any ways spoke to Sony and all i keep getting the run around thing so am asking you guys or any one in here who is willing to make an English recovery CD/DVD or make an ISO of it and i can download it some where that will be great and ill be real great full to any one who can help .. if am not suppose to ask for anything like that on here am sorry in advance PM me or replay to this post thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_IE.title
sonypass33
Visitor

If you never created the recovery discs the option should still be there to do so!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Shay6anUSA,

as long as the hidden HDD recovery partition has not been deleted then you should be able to recover you Vaio.

To do this start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10 repeatedly, this normally starts the recovery utility.. :slight_smile:

Shay6anUSA
Visitor

am sorry i did forget to mention that i formatted my laptop when i got it it was in German since i was in Germany and i needed a laptop BAD

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

if am not suppose to ask for anything like that on here am sorry in advance

This is, as you suspected, against the forum rules as what you are asking for constitutes piracy. You can purchase a set of recovery media from Vaio-Link, but it will be in the language of the country of purchase...

Sorry :slight_frown:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Shay6anUSA
Visitor

if am not suppose to ask for anything like that on here am sorry in advance

This is, as you suspected, against the forum rules as what you are asking for constitutes piracy. You can purchase a set of recovery media from Vaio-Link, but it will be in the language of the country of purchase...

Sorry :slight_frown:

well am sorry that i asked that but i had no choice since Sony is making me run around for almost a year to get the recovery CDS what you expect me to do Really ?? if they had an option to order CDS online or a direct contact Number i wouldn't be where am at now .. but some might put it as piracy but i do not think of it that way in my case ... and by the way if they didn't want you to make ur own copy of the recovery cds you wouldn't be able to do it at all really..

any ways thanks for trying to help ;D

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Sony is making me run around for almost a year to get the recovery CDS 

I can understand your frustration as the recovery media should be readily available for a fee...

I have escalate this to Vaio-Link and hopefully someone from there will contact you. Please make sure that your registered contact phone number(s) are correct.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Shay6anUSA
Visitor

well thank you rich912 dont get me wrong ill gladly pay for them and i know it shouldn't be for free you can say this was my last or only option if am not able to get them from Sony for some reason .. and thank you again

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It is a Microsoft licensing requirement.

You only legally own a licence for German Windows. You need to buy an English licence.

:slight_frown:

Shay6anUSA
Visitor

It is a Microsoft licensing requirement.

You only legally own a licence for German Windows. You need to buy an English licence.

:slight_frown:

that's not exactly true i used the same product key when i got a new windows vista and it worked fine and its in English as well so the product key is to determine if its ultimate or home etc ...