Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-SZ2 Vista Monitor driver

ktough
Visitor

VGN-SZ2 Vista Monitor driver

I have installed vista the camera does not work I cannot see it in the device list.
Also I cannot use the correct aspect ratio for the screen what monitor/driver should I use as it is just a PnP at the moment.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ktough

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Have you used the Sony Vista drivers from here..?

ktough
Visitor

Yes I have installed all the drivers from that page.
Before vista when I watched video on media player or winDVD I could set it to fill the screen now it just playes in 4.3.
Also where can I get windvd that came with my computer I cannot find it anywhere on vaio sit and have chacked the back up disk.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ktough,

I don't think you can retrieve WinDVD for Vaio - even with XP it is hidden in an .iso on the recovery disc and can only be reinstalled by a full recovery. If you need it you may have to buy it!!

I don't know the answer to the webcam issue. There have been several posts saying it does not work on some models with Vista - I suspect the Vista driver is suspect and you may have to wait for an update.

:slight_frown:

ktough
Visitor

I bought power dvd and I have managed to get everything on my Vaio working with Vista camera too shuts down and everything.
Download SODCAM-01074405-US from the us site the computer then shows it in device manager install the correct driver and camera capture utility.
Once I had installed power dvd the screen in Media player corrected.
TPM and the bio fingerprint reader are working.
The only little thing is everytime vista starts it asks if I want to run the mousepad software.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ktough - thanks for the info.

It makes you wonder how Sony US can have a working driver when Sony EU don't - they must talk to each other !!!!!

Is that the XP Sony® Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC2 Driver that works now with Vista?

Thanks again.

:clap:

ktough
Visitor

Yes this is correct the lat update they posted for XP.
Any help stopping vista asking if I want to run this program at start up would be welcome.