Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-TX2XP - Where to get a new battery?

gtabomber
Visitor

VGN-TX2XP - Where to get a new battery?

I have a VGN-TX2XP and sadly the battery life has dwindled away from 7 hours to a measly 120 seconds. Im sure you can understand how annoying that can be, especially paired with the broken power socket. If the power lead moves away from its jammed in position i have literally two minutes to notice that the little battery light is on before my screen goes black and ive lost everything i was doing.

Ive been searching and searching but all i can find on the net are copies/fake. Im sure they arent going to be as good a performer or as reliable as an OEM battery and theres also a higher chance of it spontaneously combusting around my crotch area.

Sony's site for accessories doesnt even have any laptop in the TX range listed.

Any ideas on where i can get a new battery?!!

Any ideas were i can get a new power socket?!! (there was one on eBay but i refused to pay the £40 it was listed for. It cant be worth more than 40p)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi gtabomber and welcome.

The best I can find for the VGP-BPS5A battery is "Available Soon" at the Sony Style Professional website: -

Sony Style Business Direct

The DC-in socket for the TX-Series just plugs into the motherboard.

See if you can find the part here: -

http://www.nexttronics.com/reference/sony/tx7/int-TX51B-B.htm

:thinking:

gtabomber
Visitor

Cheers, Blencogo.

I found the DC socket on that website (523 196387911) however it works out at just under £30 with the international shipping. Do you know of any UK websites were this part would be available?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately they do not quote your Vaio model but at only £4 each it must be worth giving them a ring (London Number).

Either that or try to match one visually.

http://www.laptopsockets.co.uk/jacks-companies/sony.htm

:slight_smile: