Join now - be part of our community!

vgn tx3xp vista upgrade

sterobinson
Visitor

vgn tx3xp vista upgrade

Hi all

will be upgrading tomorrow top vista ultimate. run the vista checker on the machine and said I was fine to use business version and if i wanted ultimate.

the downloadable check stated that i wont be able to use finger print recognition after upgrade until i have the driver. is this available yet ?

has anyone else upgraded their TX3XP for Vista ? What have you experienced ? I'm not expecting it to go totally smoothly...

cheers

steve (UK)

25 REPLIES 25
sterobinson
Visitor

You can download the TX3 XP pre-installed drivers and utilities from here

Thalamus, you must live on this site !

What do SonyNC & SonyPI mean ? are these found in the orginal utilities zip file (in other words I have to download them all to open up the file (download is over 2 hours on broadband!)

Cheers

Steve

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Steve

Sony Notebook Control
Sony Programmable I/O

You should find these in Pre-installed Drivers file, they may also be as philfree said in your CD that you created.. :thinking:

philfree
Visitor

Thank you. I'm looking for the SonyNC and SonyPI Drivers on the website. Are they in the TX3 Utilities.Zip File on the download link ?

To make it faster for you I uploaded the drivers here http://philch.free.fr/files/vaio.zip it's just 152kb in size, it should take you just a few seconds to download

Go to Device Manager in Control Panel you should find 2 unknown devices just click update driver in properties and point to one of the file (point to the other if it does not find the drivers), do the same for the other unknown device and point to the other file, everything should install without problem and hopefully (like me) make everything work nicely.

sterobinson
Visitor

Thanks guys, all downloaded and installed. Now all working a treat !

I have 1 issue that I cant seem to work out.

Still no internet.
1. In my right-hand task bar it show 2 computers when my mouse goes over it, it says "Currently connected to network:local and internet".
2. When I ping, sat www.bbc.co.uk it says " ping request could not find request. could not find host.
3. Open internet explorer - tries to open home pae but nothing.
4. In nework & sharing center it shows full green line between Laptop-Network-Internet.
5. I click on new network setting, set up to connect to internet say " you are already connected".
6. Select connect anyway. Only one option connect broadband PPOE.
7 Connection fails.
8. Open up outlook to chack mail. says not connected.
In Ip settings I have "get automatically" as instructed by isp.

No firwalls, even turned of windows firewall. Still no luck.

In network setings I have never dial a connection.

Router works fine with XP on other PC.

Any thoughts ?

Steve

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

See the continuation of this thread here...

staffanu
Visitor

Also, a completely different possibility that was the problem for me at first was that my firewall/router appliance was incompatible with Vista and needed a firmware upgrade. (I have a Linksys RV082.) It seems that there are a number of routers out there that need upgrading to support the Vista TCP stack.

(I did have some Internet connectivity, however, but with lots of failures to load web pages.)

Staffan