Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-Z11XN/B update graphic driver

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
Adamitoo
Visitor

VGN-Z11XN/B update graphic driver

Ok so first of all, it took me about 2 hours of google'ing to even find the right drivers for my laptop as i installed W7 64bit on it.
I had to type in a different model number to get the right driver (I had to search for VGN-Z12xxx-something at the "Asian Pacific-sony support). And I live in Sweden so to even try to find driver for it at the Europe-site is like trying to find human-like poop near the planet Jupiter.

Back on track, so that was a driver verision 186.64.

Now i just found a 187.35 (I tried to look at different, newer models of Vaio's and it turned out that the VGN Z890G has the same graphic card but a newer driver? Why is that?).

So my question now, I have a Nvidia 9300M GS in my laptop and why is there no newer graphic driver for my card?
I went to www.Nvidia.com and the newest is 286.xx-something, and this driver won't install (It says it can not find any compitable hardware) and if i go to www.laptopvideo2go.com to get modified driver and .INF file is just get messy settings when restarting the laptop (wrong resulotion, device manager can not find the card etc etc.).

So, Where can i find a newer verision of the driver?
And if not, why haven't sony/nvidia maked one yet?

Message was edited by: Adamitoo

Message was edited by: Adamitoo

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will have to address your question to Sony Vaio Support.  Unfortunately, this is a common question as you will find if you Google.

As the Z-Series Vaios have hybrid graphics - capable of switching from Speed Mode to Stamina Mode - the drivers are different from the standard nVidia and Intel versions.  Consequently, you are usually stuck with whatever the latest driver version that is supplied by Sony.

Remember, nVidia release a new driver version about every 2 weeks.  Very few of these updates bring noticeable benefits to individual laptops.

Have you read this?  I don't know if it works for Vaio but it must be worth a look.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/26409-hybrid-graphics-master-set-drivers/

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will have to address your question to Sony Vaio Support.  Unfortunately, this is a common question as you will find if you Google.

As the Z-Series Vaios have hybrid graphics - capable of switching from Speed Mode to Stamina Mode - the drivers are different from the standard nVidia and Intel versions.  Consequently, you are usually stuck with whatever the latest driver version that is supplied by Sony.

Remember, nVidia release a new driver version about every 2 weeks.  Very few of these updates bring noticeable benefits to individual laptops.

Have you read this?  I don't know if it works for Vaio but it must be worth a look.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/26409-hybrid-graphics-master-set-drivers/

:thinking: