Join now - be part of our community!

VGNA215Z will not standby when lid closed

aircool
Visitor

VGNA215Z will not standby when lid closed

Does anyone know where the device is on the laptop to sense lid closure to trigger standby/hibernation?

Thanks for any help

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisOfTheOT
Visitor

Hmm - ignore me, sorry... [:">]

Cheers,

Chris

aircool
Visitor

Thanks Chris, i will ignore you politely!
It worked fine until a few days ago, i had to put in a new printed circuit to mousepad (long story!) but it seems to have failed at the same time, if i can find it, i may be able to cure it.

Regards
Steve

aircool
Visitor

Ok sorted it.

The sensor is triggered by a magnet in the top of screen bezel (near the latch) when you close laptop lid, the magnet affects a sensor on the printed circuit near the mousepad.

The new mousepad circuit appears to be a modified circuit, whe i checked, the magnet and sensor did not line up, i had to reposition magnet in bezel (sticky tape i am afraid, but it works) i guess there is a modified bexel to match the modified printed circuit.

I had to buy this part from USA as no one in UK would sell me the part, something i will take into consideration when buying my next laptop.

ChrisOfTheOT
Visitor

You see what can be accomplished by ignoring me? Marvelous, isn't! Just pleased to be able to help... :wink:

Cheers, aircool,

Chris

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I was nearly going to write a guilde to stopping it hibernate when you close the lid, did you do that too Chris?

aircool
Visitor

I am ignoring Chris's last post in the hope that i will be able to correctly identify today's six lottery numbers, if i win, i will of course ignore your posting for percentage of the payout!

Steve

ChrisOfTheOT
Visitor

I was nearly going to write a guilde to stopping it hibernate when you close the lid, did you do that too Chris?

Exactly! (But I'm glad I'm not the only one.... :wink:

Cheers, Kee-Lo,

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT
Visitor

I am ignoring Chris's last post in the hope that i will be able to correctly identify today's six lottery numbers, if i win, i will of course ignore your posting for percentage of the payout! Steve

:laughing:

Made me chuckle, Steve - thanks!

Cheers,

Chris

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hehe I had to read it a few times