Join now - be part of our community!

VGX-TP3Z/B glitches!!

stevecundall
Visitor

VGX-TP3Z/B glitches!!

.....struggling with my TP3 since i bought it in July........

Whilst I was prepared for some minor problems (as you do with any new hardware) I seem to be having one problem after another at the moment.

Whilst operating the TV (recording and playback) aspect has been largely hassle-free, playing of dvd's (Blu Ray in particular has been a nightmare!!! The unit won't recognise or allow playback of some Blu Ray discs, and even standard discs prove troublesome - resulting in the unit crashing on a number of occasions recently.

Anyone else suffering like me??????

9 REPLIES 9
adski_uk
Visitor

I've just bought one of these and cannot get it to display via HDMI on my Bravia. It displays via VGA and I managed to get it to clone the view via nVidia in 1080p but once I shut it down it won't display HDMI again 😞

Also had trouble playing Indy4 Blu-Ray but once I by-passed the HDMI switcher box (which should be HDCP compliant) it played OK. Early days though finding the problems that you're having.

stevecundall
Visitor

...annoying eh?

I've just spent half an hour trying to get the thing to boot up!!!!!! aaaggghhhh!!

Not sure about the HDMI issue you're having. Mine plugged straight into the HDMI slot on the tv and fired up no problem.

The Blu Ray scenario is infuriating. There seems to be a firmware problem, and at the moment, i can't find an upgrade....

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi stevecundall and welcome.

There does not seem to be an update for your model. What software version of WinDVD BD do you have installed?

1. Open the directory "C:\Program Files\InterVideo\DVDBD8\" .
2. Right-click the file "WinDVD.exe", choose "Properties", click "Details" tab.
3. The "File version" will show the current version.

:thinking:

adski_uk
Visitor

Mine started OK but said that windows was preparing to install itself and then the screen went blank and would only let me see the select country etc via VGA, no HDMI output. Like I said I did manage to get it to clone onto the HDMI output and set it to 1080p and it worked fine until I shut it down and now it won't do HDMI again 😞 Can't believe that it's so annoyingly c**p.

Have had a reply from support saying to hit Alt F7 or something so will try that, seriously thinking of returning it though as it's unsuitable for purpose at the moment.

stevecundall
Visitor

my feelings exactly, mate.

I was advised by the salesman in the Sony Centre to go for this option as a Blu Ray Player/TV recorder/Home computer.

Unfortunately at the moment it doesn't play all Blu-Ray disks, and the ones it does, it jumps, pauses and crashes. It doesn't recognise the ITV channels in the guide (yet the sony TV and sony DVD player recorder I have, do) so I can't programme and recordings on these channels. And the computer crashes intermittantly whilst in operation and during recorded tv playback.

Wish I'd stuck with the cheaper option and bought a DVD recorder with freeview and used my laptop!!!

stevecundall
Visitor

hi blencogo,

the file version of WinDVD that was installed on the unit is 8.0.9.387

hope this helps

stevecundall
Visitor

The current file version of WinDVD installed is 8.0.9.387.

Typically, last night I began watching a Blu Ray disk of '10,000 BC'. every few minutes the film 'paused' for a split second, hardly noticable - until after doing this half a dozen times the soundtrack and video were 'out of sync'. The only way od retrieving the situation was to quit out of WinDVD and then restart the film, fast forwarding to the part we were watching.........until the third time I tried it and got a green screen then the 'your system does not allow playbackof protected content' message in green accross the top of the screen EVEN THOUGH I'D JUST WATCHED 45 MINUTES OF THE FILM!!!!!!!!

adski_uk
Visitor

Well I have got it working having to bypass my supposedly HDCP compliant HDMI switch and go in directly to my Bravia and then going into nVidia and selecting Display 2 only.

Will have a play with a BluRay and see if I have the same probs as you Steve. Is it all discs that do it to you ??

Ad

stevecundall
Visitor

it's completely random, mate.

I can play a disk right through, and it'll be fine. Then I can eject it and try to play it again, and i get the message about 'protected content'. The problem of the disks freezing for a split second happens on everything.

The message appears accross the top of the screen in illuminous green - i have begun to think this may be something to do with the tv (sony KDL-40E4050)....or maybe i'm just trying to defend the TP3?!?!?!?!